CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   2002 CBR 600 F4i? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/2002-cbr-600-f4i-122833/)

HarleyZ28 03-22-2011 07:44 PM

2002 CBR 600 F4i?

So I put my truck for sale on craigslist and I get a offer for a 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i. My truck is a 2001 Dodge ram 1500 Sport 5.9 360. 178k miles

The bike reads 22k miles, but the guy tells me they put a new motor in it and it only has 5k miles on it.

The bike was used for a stunt bike at one point and time, they shaved the window down, cutting straight though the bracket that the mirrors and fairing mount to ( so the bike has no mirriors) , and they put a bar on the very back you can stand on while doing wheelies ( cutting through the rear fairing) The bike also has the metal stunt bars on it.

The front fork seal is bad, but he said he would replace both front fork seals for me.

Other than that, they bike seems very clean and well taken care of. The motor fires right up and sounds great.

Just want to make sure I'm not getting a bad deal.

The guy told me at the motorcycle store that the 2002 cbr 600 f4i makes the perfect stunt bike, he said is a very durable bike and overall a great bike.

itsme71190 03-22-2011 07:57 PM

i wouldnt personally. if its been beat like that. no telling how many times its been down

comodidit 03-22-2011 08:02 PM

If you're looking for a stunting bike, ya sure.

If you're looking for a normal bike, I'd walk away. Stunted bikes have a hard life, especially if this one was treated badly enough to blow an engine.

HarleyZ28 03-22-2011 08:11 PM

I'm just confused on what to do, besides what i listed the bike is nice, and you can just tell hearing it run you can tell its healthy. I have been doing alittle bit of research on this bike and it seems to be a good bike. I'm just wondering also if I did get it how hard it would be to find someone that will trade me a vehicle for it. Seems like alot of people are wanting to trade some nice vehicles for them.

brveagle 03-22-2011 09:08 PM

Stunt bikes spend most of their time, doing wheelies, burnouts or stoppies. If you are okay with that, then go ahead and make the trade.

spoolie25 03-22-2011 09:25 PM

i did the same thing i traded the turbo kit or my car the bike ran great . started right up clean oil need lil things done to it . but for a first bike i was like i will prob drop it so i made the trade. guess what happened the motor went bad in two days. i work on cars and i went to mmi when i was 18 but had to stop going a few months before i was finished. so i know a thing or two . on how it should sound. but the motor went bad 2 days after i had it. lesson learned run as fast as you can and your truck is worth more than a stunt bike just an fyi. good luck if you want a bike that bad sell your truck out right its worth almost 4 grand.

HarleyZ28 03-22-2011 09:55 PM

honestly im trying to get rid of my truck, it has hight miles, i can tell its starting to eat alot more gas, and it needs some body work and is starting to rust. So my truck is just going to start costing me money sooner or later, already spent 2k on it to have the tranny rebuilt.

The guy rides the bike to work everyday, he sais he is friends with the personal who originally bought the bike, he did say he is sure its been dropped, but never actually wrecked . Then once he got it he just rides it to work everyday and sais he has no problems, I guess his truck broke down and he needs something besides a bike to get to work and go places in.

I can tell the bike has been garage kept, no rust or anything, from what ive seen of the motor is looks clean.

Basically I'm just figuring out, if I buy all new fairings and take the stunt stuff off, how hard would it be to trade it for a vehicle?

pittsm 03-23-2011 06:54 AM

well.... the bike's kbb is $3095 and the truck's kbb is $4235. so i'd throw that in his face, i would definately want him to put money on the trade. straight up doesn't seem fair for you.

G3NESYS 03-23-2011 07:48 AM

i wouldnt do it. your truck is worth more, i would sell the truck and use the money to get whatever you want. if you want a bike you can def get a non stunted, well maintained f4i for $3500 range. i got mine for $3700 3 years ago. it did have higher miles, 21k, but was garage kept, maintained perfectly, almost mint condition. i wouldnt give $2k for a stunter, let alone a truck worth twice that. you have to think what condition is the clutch in with all those wheelies? or the front rotors with all the stoppies, etc?

crazychris1981 03-23-2011 08:10 AM

if you are just going to resell the bike or try to trade it for a car or something.. don't do it..i would never turn a stunt bike into a road bike unless i knew for a fact the bike wasn't over abused.. since the guy blew the motor that should tell you he is not easy on bikes, or at least not that one...personaly the only way i would do that deal is if i wanted a stunt bike..my .02