CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   2002 600F4i No Spark (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/2002-600f4i-no-spark-113364/)

kameram 07-06-2010 04:20 PM

2002 600F4i No Spark

I have a 2002 600 f4i engine that I bought with the purpose of installing in a FSAE car. Right now I have everything jumped that needs to be jumped in order to start it (clutch, side stand, tip over sensor, etc etc etc). I also bypassed the anti theft wire to the ecu with a 9V battery. I am essentially hot wiring it. When I put the wires in the key on position the pump primes and then when I start it the motor cranks over and over again but I have no spark. Any suggestions I've triple checked all connections. I think I have all the right stuff jumpered. Please any suggestions would be awesome. I also checked all the fuses and I know there isn't spark cause I pulled the coil and plug and grounded to the engine. Thanks.

jonld 07-06-2010 09:43 PM

If the pump primes then you got the anti theft bypassed which would of been my first guess. If its not firing I would double check the coil wire to harness, and the crank pulse sensor wire. It's a red plug on a white wire I believe. Thats what tells it when to fire.

kameram 07-07-2010 12:03 PM

Any other suggestions???

skoobydoobie 07-07-2010 09:58 PM

I know that on the stock ign. There is a diode that is hooked to the pink wire, not sure if that's what the 9v is for but it might be somethin to look into

jonld 07-07-2010 10:10 PM

well i know that diode is more like 8 volts and i didnt think the pump would prime but it might be that the ecm tells it not to fire. try using an actual ignition switch and see if that works.

motorhorse 07-07-2010 11:51 PM

maybe some sort of safety switch related to the headlight? try grounding out the headlight positive?

kameram 07-08-2010 08:16 AM

I ran some tests last night with a multi-meter...I tested the ignition pulse generator and hardly got any reading at all...I dont have a peak voltage adapter from honda but I should still see .7 volts there and i'm not....Is this the issue? Where do I buy one of these?

jonld 07-08-2010 10:22 AM

ya thats what tells it when to fire. Thats the plug i mentioned in my first post. I dont know if its the same on the f4 but i have a couple wrecked f4 engines and i think one f4i engine that part might still be good. i can check for ya. otherwise you'll have to buy it from a dealer.

kameram 07-08-2010 03:51 PM

I did some research today and I think it might be the cam sensor instead... i found out that I was supposed to take the measurements in AC so let me check those...hopefully this is the fix..

kameram 07-12-2010 11:04 AM

I checked the ignition and cam pulse and they both seemed to check out fine...The only thing I can think of is it being a Bad ECU but the ECU primes the pump and spits out error codes...Could the ECU still be bad? Does anyone have a spare ECU that I could buy?