CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   2001 F4i wiring diagram (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/2001-f4i-wiring-diagram-137106/)

HotWheels 04-21-2012 01:22 PM

2001 F4i wiring diagram

Hello all. =) I want to apologize first as I am sure this must have been posted before at some point, so sorry if I am asking a time and time again asked question. I am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for a 2001 F4i they could email me? I have already downloaded the service manual as well as the owners manual however it seems neither one has the wiring diagram in it. =/ I recently bought a 2001 F4i however the wiring in the tail seems quite screwed up with a few cut wires, and others that aren't plugged into anything...0.o My email is dreamcatcher28805 [at] gmail {dawt} com. I thank you in advance so much! =)

squidhead 04-21-2012 01:44 PM

f4i wiring diagram

If you punch in f4i wiring diagram in the search box im sure it will be there. If not pm me and I will send you a copy.

HotWheels 04-21-2012 02:01 PM

Maybe I don't have sufficient priviledges?

Hey squidhead. I did actually try the search bar first as well as even Google searching for the wiring diagram however had no such luck. =/ I have been trying to figure out some way to pm you but can't seem to find it. 0.o I even added you to one of my contacts and still no luck. I am guessing that since I am still new here there are some restrictions as to what I can and can't do? When I post a new topic it still says that it will not show until a moderator approves it first.

At any rate yes if you could please send that wiring diagram that would be super sweet! :icon_wink: Thanks!

squidhead 04-22-2012 05:02 AM

wiring diagram

I am trying to figure how to send just the diagram and not the whole manual. I know if you do a google search it is there for sure. Try that, if it does not work i will try to figure out how to send it. I HATE computers. I my kid was not stuck on 6/12s he could do it w/his eyes closed, dam kids.

IDoDirt 04-22-2012 08:39 AM

I came across this one on another forum, Stuntride.com. A user named Congo color coded the lines. Makes it a little easier to follow the lines.

F4I Wiring Diagram (inside) - Stuntride Motorcycle Stunt Forums

HotWheels 04-24-2012 01:23 AM

Thank you!!!

Hey thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for that wiring diagram!!! What a god send holy moly! Well as it turns out the wiring in the tail section is all non stock and are all simply blue colored...0.o...who knows why..pfff...I ended up using a test light on different connections until I found ones that were getting juice when ever I activated the brakes and un hooked different things and re hooked accordingly. Everything works now! Woo! For some reason even the lic. plate light was cut clean as if by a pair of scissors..... figure that one out...sigh...However I intend to go though various sections to double check wiring and this diagram is worth it's weight in gold! This should totally be stickied don't you think?
The guy I bought the bike from is also the same owner that had been running his rear tire pressure at OVER 60 psi cold :icon_saywhat:....I found this out the first day I took it home..my gauge was past it's 60 psi limit... can you believe that $#!T??? I also discovered gold on the bike! Haha the chain was midnight black with grime and grease and discovered a beautiful gold chain underneath the finger nail filling grease... I can only pray that the guy at least changed the oil at proper intervals......:icon_emm:

HotWheels 04-24-2012 01:55 AM

How to for squidhead

hehe for future reference squidhead i'll give you a brief tutorial on how to save what ever you are looking at on your computer to a jpeg, gif etc and be able to send it. =) First what ever you are looking at be it a picture or a website etc, you simply hit the button on the upper right hand side of your keyboard that is labeled prt sc or the like. Your computer has just saved this image in it's memory. Now you navigate to your paint program, start it up, find the edit option, click on the blank area somewhere, click on paste, then save it to where ever you want file type etc and walla! :D

squidhead 04-24-2012 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by HotWheels (Post 1153039)
hehe for future reference squidhead i'll give you a brief tutorial on how to save what ever you are looking at on your computer to a jpeg, gif etc and be able to send it. =) First what ever you are looking at be it a picture or a website etc, you simply hit the button on the upper right hand side of your keyboard that is labeled prt sc or the like. Your computer has just saved this image in it's memory. Now you navigate to your paint program, start it up, find the edit option, click on the blank area somewhere, click on paste, then save it to where ever you want file type etc and walla! :D

Thanks, I will try that after work today. My kid does it another way, saving it in a folder. Wish I was 24 again not 54!!!!!!!!!!!!! computers are not for me, paper and pen or should I say (charcoal):icon_violin:

HotWheels 04-24-2012 04:49 AM

Haha wow there sure were allot of !!!'s there after you mentioning your age. I was wondering if you had simply held down the button or had forcefully pounded each exclamation mark. Haha. Well at least The Beatles haven't sang a song about your age yet. You know the whole When I'm 64 song. Haha your still in good shape. Still got plenty of time. :D I'm 31 myself. Time sure does fly...:icon_neutral: