CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   ..and $1000 dollars later... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/1000-dollars-later-110996/)

F4iRider01 05-21-2010 10:25 PM

..and $1000 dollars later...

After a lot of new tools bought and many forums read...
:icon_attention:

So many ideas in my head and only so much $$$

I cleaned the bike up and added a few extras:

Full Akrapovic exhaust Sounds deeper and more aggressive !!
Header, mid and Ti Can
Shorty (-3in.)
Soon to be CF

New Michelin Power Pilots 2CT Front and Back

Flat black paint (getting them powder coated) on front and rear sets, stator cover, and touched up the frame with a small paint brush and flat black paint
Working on getting a PC3 from a fellow member

Ordered this under tail ...[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Derrick/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Derrick/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]http://www.mototeckinnovation.com/images/P/2-02.jpg
However there is a problem... I've tried to search this forum and others for a solution but nothing so far.

Ok I was messing with the idle adjuster and it fell out of the fast idle wax unit so I took off the gas tank, air box and throttle bodies. I didnt remove any white painted screws just simply took out the rubber boot screws and pulled the TB up and screwed in the idle adjuster. Put it back together and it starts and idles but when it gets to warm its starts to die... I'm currently charging the battery as most post said to do so I'm hoping that is it.

Is there anything I could have done/missed/ messed up on taking the throttle bodies off? This is my first bike breakdown but I'm fairly maniacal.

All these goodies and now shes acting up. :icon_doh:

Thanks for the help! Stay tuned for more updates to the bike on my profile.

axsys 05-22-2010 12:04 AM

if you got all that for a grand, you got one hell of a deal....

as for your bike dying, when its warming up the idle should be pretty high, around 2000rpm or a little more. once it drops back down it should be at 1300rpms. try turning your idle up while the bike is warming up then adjust it once warm. also make sure you're not almost out of gas, don't ask how I know :icon_look:

F4iRider01 05-22-2010 10:52 AM

Yeah axsys I got a great price on that exhaust...very lucky :icon_banana:

Ok so I tried to change the idle speed with the knob and it didn't do anything. I took it for a quick ride and it would go down to 1K when sitting at a stop sign idling. I don't know what to do now. My next step is to take it apart again and adjust the screws on the throttle cable and see if I can get it to idle at 1400.

I feel like my tank is sitting higher than usual which leads me to believe that when i put my TB back in that i didn't get them in all the way? So Im going to check that out too when i break it down again.

Any advise would be great. Thanks

axsys 05-22-2010 02:05 PM

Sounds like something isn't right with the throttle body assembly and/or you idle adjustment screw. I would pull the TB off, and re-install the idle adjuster. Make sure that when you turn it, it makes a correction on the TB. And make sure you aren't loosening it every time you adjust it, making it come off again (hey, it happens). The TB boots should sit right up against the head. I use a rubber mallet to tap my TB down to make sure they are snug as it's a tight fit and hard to make them sit flush by hand. It sounds like you are on your way to figuring it out.

F4iRider01 05-22-2010 04:46 PM

Got it!! Hell yeah! Ill get some pics up later tonight! TB weren't sitting right used the mallet (Good Call). and the idle adjuster wasn't sitting at the right angle to get it tight to the wax unit. Took it all apart again and made sure it worked correctly before I reinstalled. Just got in a hurry last time I guess. +1 for lesson learned.