F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

'06 F4i, meet Mr. PCIIIusb

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '06 F4i, meet Mr. PCIIIusb

ORIGINAL: jjkukla

Glocker - Actually when you unplug/disconnect your PC, your bikes ECU "returns" to the factory setting. So you could still hook it up right now and disconnect it ata later time... you'd see the differences that way too.
But if when you disconnect it howdoes it save the information. I may just order one of these when I get my paycheck from EMS this week.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:54 PM

I ordered it from Fuelmotousa. Damn this **** is an addiction, It will come all set for the Jardine pipe I have on it, I am psyched. Probably Friday...weekend project. Thanks a lot guys

Old 01-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stand corrected, sir.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Glocker23

ORIGINAL: jjkukla

Glocker - Actually when you unplug/disconnect your PC, your bikes ECU "returns" to the factory setting. So you could still hook it up right now and disconnect it ata later time... you'd see the differences that way too.
But if when you disconnect it howdoes it save the information.
The PC works by modifying the signals from the ECU to the injectors. The ECU of the bike is never changed. The PC remembers the map you upload to it with memory just like any other electronic device, so you can remove the PC (= bike stock) or insert it (= bike with map uploaded to the PC).

Old 01-31-2007, 01:38 AM

we tried putting mine on tonight and ran into promblems... like the powercommander it self wasnt gettign power.. but we hooked it up 2 a 9vold and it light right up... so we think its the ground on he commander... we had it hook right on the battery anyone wnw whats going on? everythign was hooked up right but it wont get power therefore the bike wouldnt start so had 2 go back 2 stock

Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 AM

there are two spots the power commander can fit but only one spot is correct which is up toward the headlight on driver side!! if you hook it uo to other spot bike wont run!

Old 01-31-2007, 02:07 AM

what? near headlight...........wat are u talking about dude im talking about the power commander getting power ...the ground wire...

Old 01-31-2007, 02:17 AM

ORIGINAL: hondaf4i
we tried putting mine on tonight and ran into promblems... like the powercommander it self wasnt gettign power.. but we hooked it up 2 a 9vold and it light right up... so we think its the ground on he commander... we had it hook right on the battery anyone wnw whats going on? everythign was hooked up right but it wont get power therefore the bike wouldnt start so had 2 go back 2 stock
Everything the PC needs (except the ground) is in the harness. If you grounded it to the battery, per the instructions, and plugged it into the correct harness, it should work. Check to make sure that you have it fully plugged in, and grounded well. It's almost foolproof. It's possible that you got a bad unit, but seems unlikely.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:22 AM

ya thats what everyone was saying because we double checked man....im going to take it the bike shop i bought it from and see what they have to say tommrow hopefully they wont charge out the butt to look at it

Old 01-31-2007, 02:25 AM

yes toward head light under the black flap thats attached to your airbox by 3 screws, you pull that flap up and there is the connector!!
ORIGINAL: hondaf4i

what? near headlight...........wat are u talking about dude im talking about the power commander getting power ...the ground wire...

Quick Reply: '06 F4i, meet Mr. PCIIIusb