F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

06 F4i/first bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell you could buy that and turn around and sell it for a profit the more I think about it.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:47 PM

Ha ha! Better not. It's too sexy! I want it bad. They've had I for a while now. I'm trying to save up for atleast half for a down payment. Don't make fun of me but I finally got a hit on tryin to sell a trumpet I've had for a while for around 600 bucks. I think it's worth it consider how nice it is and what it originally costed me. Hope the guy buys it. That'd be a great start.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:46 PM

I started on a ninja 500 and am glad i did ( even though i just layed down the F4i )

Much easier to learn the fundamentals on a smaller bike IMO, they are lighter easier to move around at low speed where it really counts, a bit more comfortable as well and are much cheaper to buy and insure.

I would always recommend someone with limited to no motorcycle experience start on something like a Ninja 500 ( ugly can be had dirt cheap ) ninja 250 ( old ones are ugly and cheeap, new ones are really nice looking and i think like 3k. I also think suzuki does a gs500 but have heard its a bit heavy blah blah.

Their is a good chance you wouldnt have an accident on the f4i, but you may learn slower on it then you would something else.

Oh and wear full gear ( helmet gloves boots jacket AND pants ) may save your *** some day.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Survivalism
I started on a ninja 500 and am glad i did ( even though i just layed down the F4i )

Much easier to learn the fundamentals on a smaller bike IMO, they are lighter easier to move around at low speed where it really counts, a bit more comfortable as well and are much cheaper to buy and insure.

I would always recommend someone with limited to no motorcycle experience start on something like a Ninja 500 ( ugly can be had dirt cheap ) ninja 250 ( old ones are ugly and cheeap, new ones are really nice looking and i think like 3k. I also think suzuki does a gs500 but have heard its a bit heavy blah blah.

Their is a good chance you wouldnt have an accident on the f4i, but you may learn slower on it then you would something else.

Oh and wear full gear ( helmet gloves boots jacket AND pants ) may save your *** some day.
Thx for the advice man. Ya I do plan on getting full gear. Really confused on boots tho and what to get. I'm about a size 10. But I don't know what kind I should get. I'd be taking it out just to ride and come home not really to commute on. So some good boots should definitely be invested in bc I plan on long rides

Old 10-24-2010, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ls1Tuner_06
Thx for the advice man. Ya I do plan on getting full gear. Really confused on boots tho and what to get. I'm about a size 10. But I don't know what kind I should get. I'd be taking it out just to ride and come home not really to commute on. So some good boots should definitely be invested in bc I plan on long rides
I went with and recommend full racing boots ( i have sidi vertigos and love them ) and also full racing gauntlet gloves. Make sure your jacket and pants can zip together too.

Oh and if you have little to no experience i cant recommend taking a motorcycle safety foundation course, its normally a 2 day class with class time and mostly time on a motorcycle, at the end you get your motorcycle license.

It all adds up rather quickly but its worth the peace of mind that lets you really enjoy your rides in my opinion.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Survivalism
I went with and recommend full racing boots ( i have sidi vertigos and love them ) and also full racing gauntlet gloves. Make sure your jacket and pants can zip together too.

Oh and if you have little to no experience i cant recommend taking a motorcycle safety foundation course, its normally a 2 day class with class time and mostly time on a motorcycle, at the end you get your motorcycle license.

It all adds up rather quickly but its worth the peace of mind that lets you really enjoy your rides in my opinion.
Heck ya man. Safety course and full riding gear. I plan on it all. O got a 3 year old and a wonderful gf. I want to be as protected as possible.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:22 AM

The '06 F4i was and is my first bike, and have no plans to ride anything else as of yet. Easy to handle, and the power is there if needed. And yes, remember ATGATT.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Lucentinjection
The '06 F4i was and is my first bike, and have no plans to ride anything else as of yet. Easy to handle, and the power is there if needed. And yes, remember ATGATT.
Thx man! That's good to hear. May be a strange question. But do you know if you can do an under tail exhaust on an F4i? I really like the look a whole lot more so if I could do it then it'd be done that's for sure

Old 10-24-2010, 01:17 PM

Ask Zach. I think he's done that at some point

Old 10-24-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Ask Zach. I think he's done that at some point
Think you could point him in my direction? Or atleast to this thread. Idk who Zach is. But would love to find something on it.