F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

06 F4i - 2 Bros - O2 Sensor Length

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 06 F4i - 2 Bros - O2 Sensor Length

Hi folks,

I installed my 2 Bros CF M2 slip on this past Friday and ran into a small problem with the O2 sensor. The hole that is pre-drilled on the mid pipe from 2 Bros is farther back towards the rear of the bike than the stock one. I tried tugging a bit on the O2 sensor cable, but didn’t want to pull to hard in fear of breaking it. I searched the forums and found a couple people were able to "make" it reach and a couple others just plugged it up with the supplied screw in plug. I really wanted to ride on Saturday with a group of friends so I just plugged it up and zip tied the sensor to the frame. I rode about 70 - 80 miles and def got lower gas mileage along with a slightly rough idle. I definitely want to get the O2 sensor plugged in A.S.A.P as I am familiar with its necessity in regards to air/fuel mixture.

My question is this - Does anyone know if the O2 cable is zip tied from the factory somewhere or the route it takes under the tank? Was anyone reading this able to pull hard enough to make it reach? Do I need to take more of the bike apart to get more reach out of the O2 cable? Looks like I would need another inch.

Thanks!
Jeremy D.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

hmm I always thought the 06 2bros exhaust came with their own O2 sensor which is why it cost more.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Default No Supplied O2 Sensor

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
hmm I always thought the 06 2bros exhaust came with their own O2 sensor which is why it cost more.
I just double checked the paper which list the "included contents" that came with the exhaust and nothing in regards to the O2 sensor except the screw in plug. I forgot to mention I called 2 Bros on Friday to ask them directly. I was told "....I think everyone just uses the plug and zip ties the sensor to the frame...". Needless to say, that reply didnt sit to well with me.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Karmahkid
I just double checked the paper which list the "included contents" that came with the exhaust and nothing in regards to the O2 sensor except the screw in plug. I forgot to mention I called 2 Bros on Friday to ask them directly. I was told "....I think everyone just uses the plug and zip ties the sensor to the frame...". Needless to say, that reply didnt sit to well with me.
Wow that was a weird answer they gave you. If everybody does that why did they make the hole? I have an Erion Racing exhaust and I didn't have a problem making it reach. How far back is the hole on your pipe?

Old 03-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Default I agree

Originally Posted by hondarider600
Wow that was a weird answer they gave you. If everybody does that why did they make the hole? I have an Erion Racing exhaust and I didn't have a problem making it reach. How far back is the hole on your pipe?

Yeah I agree. I think I will call them back today and see if I can reach someone else that knows exactly what I am talking about. I wish I took a couple pix of the position difference on the 2 mid-pipes so you could see. I would say about an inch to an inch and a half further back. It's going to be nice out tomorrow so I plan on delving back into it, just trying to get some opinions before I do.

Thanks!
Jeremy D.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:31 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I'd say take the time to investigate the route the wires take yourself. Worst case scenario is you can cut the wires on the plug and lengthen them yourself. Basic wiring, it's easy.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Default Thanks Aken

Originally Posted by Aken
I'd say take the time to investigate the route the wires take yourself. Worst case scenario is you can cut the wires on the plug and lengthen them yourself. Basic wiring, it's easy.
Tomorrow I am going to take the sidefairing off and investigate further. Maybe I can get another inch or so out of it. I picked up some wire in addition to some other guage I already had along with some heat shrink tubing. I think the lengthening of the wirings might actually be my best bet! I will update afterwards.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Default A Thought

I was just reading on the internet that most O2 sensors on the market use stainless steel wires. As far as I know this would be a huge PITA to solder new SS wire onto the existing, if do-able at all. Any ideas or any knowledge on these wires?

Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Default ?

Any thoughts?

Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 PM

I just tugged on the cable until it reached. It tight, but it works.

Quick Reply: 06 F4i - 2 Bros - O2 Sensor Length