F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

02 F4i upgrades

Old 03-23-2016, 09:30 AM
Default 02 F4i upgrades

Looking for a couple suggestions. I bought a 02 F4i from a guy who had it a couple of months and was using it for stunting. Long story short, i brought it back to life and been riding around town for a couple of months myself. Now im looking to do some upgrading for better/possible faster smoother riding performance for track and street riding. Im in florida and all parts are oem except the K&N air filter and Delkevic exhaust. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM

A popular addition is a power commander so you can adjust your fuel map, via a dyno for best results.
Are you willing to disassemble your engine? Once you get it apart, you can do some shaving to save weight and change some stuff that will make a difference.

But if you want to really shave seconds off lap times, look at your suspension, tires, and riding skills. That's where the real time is made up.

The only thing left after that would be to move into a RR.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:54 PM

Suspension.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked View Post
Suspension.
Ok. I've already ordered new tires and will check out my suspension. What's a good site/place to get a power commander and does any know if they make power up kits for my bike?

Old 03-23-2016, 04:37 PM

If the bike runs good, dont open the engine. Just get the power commander and have it dyno tuned. They probably did make a power up kit for your bike but F4i's are a little outdated so I doubt you'll be able to find one. Suspension, thats the key to learning to go fast. Fresh fork fluid and RaceTech straight rate springs and a Penske, Ohlins, or Fox shock, and sticky sticky tires. FYI, I dont remember what the power up kit cost for my 08 cbr 1000rr but I do remember the exhaust that came with it, if bought seperately was more than $4000! Thats right four thousand dollars. Start saving your money for a faster bike so when you total the f4i at the track you can just buy a faster bike. It will be cheaper and more reliable the a bunch of engine work to the f4i, that would still be slower than a newer bike.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
Ok. I've already ordered new tires and will check out my suspension. What's a good site/place to get a power commander and does any know if they make power up kits for my bike?
Check out the suspension? No, you need to replace it. Forget power up kits.