CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   02 f4i turning over sounds great, won't fire. rode all the time (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/02-f4i-turning-over-sounds-great-wont-fire-rode-all-time-118093/)

cbrarin 10-27-2010 06:52 PM

02 f4i turning over sounds great, won't fire. rode all the time

have an 02 cbr, brand new stator and regulator, ran for 4 months stronggg, just a little rich. So after awhile some of the cyclinders wouldn't fire, as it was burning out plugs. Saw wires in the tire so I put it up, a week later it won't start. Just put brand new plugs in it, charged the battery, turns over like a champ just won't fire. Fuel pump primes, loud as always sounds fine, hellppp?

Krux 10-27-2010 07:22 PM

Alright first obvious ones:

1)kick stand down?
2)In neutral
3)Emergency off switch position

If those are good how about these:

Bad FPR(wet vacuum hose)
Coils all plugs in?
Gas?

rdeaner 10-27-2010 08:06 PM

I would definitely check what you changed out. Unless you changed those things to remedy your current situation. Normally if an engine "all of a sudden" just quits to run... my experience tells me its electrical. Also, you could possibly smell your exhaust for fuel or pull your plugs to see if you are getting fuel. and this might sound stupid but did you make sure you put the plugs in the correct order? Don't these things have a weird firing order? like 1432? or something??

cbrarin 10-27-2010 08:16 PM

kickstand is down, its in neutral, and the motor is in the on position. the plugs weren't bad i just changed them because when driving before, it definitely wouldnt fire all the cylinders because the running so rich was slowly burning the plugs down. it ran, i put it away because of the chords showing, now i replaced the plugs to install the power commander and have it tuned and now it wont even start. i tried pushing it a few times too, and it sputters but doesnt fire. anyone? id rather not take it to the shop for him to find something small

Xander F4i 10-27-2010 08:24 PM

Try removing the power commander?

cbrarin 10-27-2010 08:30 PM

PC is not installed yet.

NateDieselF4i 10-27-2010 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by cbrarin (Post 981529)
now i replaced the plugs to install the power commander and have it tuned and now it wont even start.

I would probably revisit this. Double check that you have this all in working order.

nickp123 10-27-2010 09:00 PM

^ +1. If it wouldnt start after you changed the plugs go back and recheck everything you did make sure the plugs are connected in the right order, check any grounds you might have touched or undone, make sure the battery terminals arent touching anything blah blah blah. Probably a simple problem youre overlooking

cbrarin 10-27-2010 09:03 PM

it actually would start before i changed the plugs, thats why i figured it was them at first, but it def. was not now that i have changed them.

NateDieselF4i 10-27-2010 09:12 PM

Right - if it would start BEFORE you changed the plugs. But will not start AFTER you changed the plugs. Something probably happened when you were changing them.