F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

'02 CBR600F4i Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 01:02 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nowensby
What headlights are you running?
I have a 6000K HID low beam, and the glow is from two superflux LEDs stuck right next to the headlight bulbs.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:20 PM

Here is the new red cage... the guy already took the transmission and axels out so the motor should drop pretty quick. Hoping to have it done by the end of next week!

Old 05-24-2011, 11:22 PM

Good luck with both builds man the bike is lookin good so far, hey can you post a couple of pics of the ebay carbon decals without the silver/chrome I ended up buying the carbon/ sliver chrome one from ebay for my f4I and I'm starting to think I should have went your route just carbon no silver, I'm especially interested in those messed up 0's you said thanks bud.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:04 AM

Already put them on and cleared over them, sorry!

I have a pic of the decals somewhere but they still had the clear backing on them. I don't think I took any pics of the decals without clear over them. That was kind of dumb because they looked MUCH cooler without the clear coat! I think they would look really awesome over a gloss black bike, no clear oover the top of the decals. Not sure if they would hold up to the elements too well though.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:02 PM

I found a couple photos of the decals before I put them on.

The entire set, I didn't use the two little honda decals.

This is a close up of the carbon fiber and the red vinyl with the clear backing stuck to it... sort of... lol

I now have both motors out of the cars and should be able to drop it in tomorrow. Hoping to finish it up on Friday! Things have gone pretty well cosidering the cars are 20 years old!

Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Link to stickers?

Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Old 05-25-2011, 09:49 PM

Thanks for posting the pics i think im gonna order those decals without the trim as soon as i recieve the ones with the chrome silver trim i will sell them but i def wont apply clear on them i think you were right. They seem like they would have looked better that way (without). cant wait to see those decals on the bike though.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Today was the nicest day so far this year, and my stupid as forgot my headlight assembly up north!

So... I did the next best thing to riding the bike... I worked on it! Got a lot done too!

I started by bleeding the old fluid from the brakes, both front and rear. As you can see the fluid was a cloudy brown color, not good!

Then I installed the 954RR radial master and brake lever.

Love the braided lines!

Caliper end, looks nice just needs a bit of a scrub... lol

The 954RR clutch lever fit perfectly!

Brake pedal.

The shifter pedal. I had to use a file to slightly widen the hole of this pedal so that it would fit. Not a big deal, and since I only paid $6 I won't complain! Also, it was meant for the F4 not the F4i so maybe that has something to do with it...

I hacked this can up and slapped it on there. I don't really drink Red Bull, but it looks cool!

I also put the OES sliders on, I haven't made the holes in the fairings yet, I am trying to figure out the best way of centering the hole so it looks clean. The fairings are all ready to go otherwise. They look really great but I don't want to post pics til I get the headlight assembly back down here.I should be able to do that on Sunday!

Last edited by F34Me?; 05-30-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best way I've found to cut frame slider holes in fairings is to slap some playdoh on the back of the fairing near where you think the slider should go.
Screw the bolt into the mounting point, but don't put th slider on.
Then hook up your fairing like you're putting it back on, press the fairing against the bolt, and carefully remove your fairing again.
You should have an impression of the bolt head somewhere on the playdoh, and the center of that bolt head should be dead center where you need to drill.
Drill with a 1-3/4" - 2" circular blade, preferably with a drill bit in the middle.

I've had laser levels fail me a couple times, and 'm nowhere near good enough to eyeball it, but this has worked well for me, and it's cheap.

Quick Reply: '02 CBR600F4i Project