F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 lacking power in high range rpms

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 lacking power in high range rpms

Okay so starting today, my bike starting lacking serious power in the higher rpm range, maybe starting at 7k and up. Itll pull decently before that (or so it seems) then it wont have enough juice to pull when it get up there in the rpms, Im talking like its hard to even redline it in first gear bad. A little about my bike, it has a new cnc(?) fuel pump within the last 2 months because i changed the fuel filter as well and just changed it cause I was already in there,7100 miles on it, did cct this winter.

Im just looking for some direction on where to look, the only thing I can think of is: A. bad gas- I put some gas in it that came from a gas station Ive had troubles before with where there has been water in the gas. B. The fuel pump is louder than my old one, Should I be looking there? C. The day prior, I had a battery cable come loose so it was cutting power in and out and had to ride it that way for maybe 20 miles cause I didnt have any tools, possibly losing juice that high if I didnt get it tightened enough?

Its got a power commander, and I changed the fpr about a year ago, but I guess I shouldnt really rule the fpr out. Also, maybe since it kept cutting power to the bike a couple days ago and I rode it for a bit to get to my tools, maybe the plugs fouled from unignited gas? The thing is, I rode it for half the day and it was fine today, just the second half I noticed it. Im also not sold on the bad gas thing either cause I feel like it would do it throughout each gear, not just top end of them. Im weary on the fuel pump cause I just changed it. Any tips would be stellar. Thank you

Old 05-27-2014, 03:19 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Lots of options here. Check fuel pressure, and check the charging system. You have too many variables right now to go in a specific direction.