F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 F4i wiring mess (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 F4i wiring mess (pics)

I’m new to this forum, and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure the wiring of my f4i. I bought the bike second hand and the wires came kinda messy. I recently got into an accident with the bike (surprisingly everything on the bike was fine, besides the fairings and headlights/front turn signals) I’m going to attempt to fix the wires. I am completely new to working with wires and have no idea where to start. This morning the bike stopped running. All the gauge lights are working but when I hit the turn on button the gauge kinda dims out and restarts. If all is not worth it I’ll take it to a certified mechanic and have them do it. Any help is highly appreciated

Old 11-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the black frayed stuff there? Is it wire? Or nylon wire guide?

Old 11-05-2017, 09:52 PM

It’s wire guide

Old 11-06-2017, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi , have you got the workshop manual, your gonna need that for the wiring diagram, it looks like you might have LED headlights fitted, is that so, the best thing to do is use the wiring diagram, sort out the connectors and what they are, stick a tab on each set to remind you what they are, and go through methodically , then you'll be ready for connecting once you've got everything else fixed

Old 11-06-2017, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet
Hi , have you got the workshop manual, your gonna need that for the wiring diagram, it looks like you might have LED headlights fitted, is that so, the best thing to do is use the wiring diagram, sort out the connectors and what they are, stick a tab on each set to remind you what they are, and go through methodically , then you'll be ready for connecting once you've got everything else fixed
yea I had LED headlights but they got smashed, and as for using the wiring diagram in the manual, is it mostly going to be a trial and error type thing to see what goes to what

Old 11-06-2017, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Hi , no its not trial and error, the wiring at the front is not duplicated , as you can see from the headlights , the 2 connectors have different wires for the hi and lo beams Green and Blue for the Hi beam and Green and Blue/White for the Lo, the connectors look intact so write some tags on the connectors to say what they are and carry on like that through the front end

Attached Thumbnails 01 F4i wiring mess (pics)-600f4i.jpg  
Old 11-06-2017, 04:21 PM

Hi , no its not trial and error, the wiring at the front is not duplicated , as you can see from the headlights , the 2 connectors have different wires for the hi and lo beams Green and Blue for the Hi beam and Green and Blue/White for the Lo, the connectors look intact so write some tags on the connectors to say what they are and carry on like that through the front end
yea I’ve kinda got it figured out “kinda”

Old 11-07-2017, 12:55 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Man when I see all these wires my brain just blanks out and my eyes roll to the back of my head LOL. Looks like u got a nice start with those sticky notes, good luck!!

Old 11-07-2017, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ZayTheeDon
yea I’ve kinda got it figured out “kinda”
Yeh , your going great guns there, I think you'll find it's not as hard as you think, Well Done

Old 11-07-2017, 09:31 AM

Yeh , your going great guns there, I think you'll find it's not as hard as you think, Well Done
and as for what’s left of this headlight, would I be able to connect it to see if it’s at least getting power or something like that

Quick Reply: 01 F4i wiring mess (pics)