F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 f4i wheelie

Old 01-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 f4i wheelie

I have no problem rolling the throttle around 6g rpm in 1st and bringing the front end up...
But is the only way to bring it up in second to clutch it up? How do u recommend clutching it up in second if thats the only way?

Old 01-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Default RE: 01 f4i wheelie

I have an 04 F4i and I just change into second start picking up some speed then roll the throttle somewhere between 1/2 to 3/4 pop tha clutch in for just a second then let it rip.It takes a little bit to find out where it comes up at and then how to ride it once you get it up.Good luck and be careful.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:51 PM

Do you find it hard to shift into second while bringing it up in first?

Old 01-23-2006, 11:54 PM

yea unfortunatly our bikes dont have enough torque to just power the front end up, but clutch ups are actually really smooth when done right. all you need to do is grab about half the clutch at about 8K rpm, while rolling on the throttle at the same time. When all is done simontaneously then the front end will come up quicker than you might think. so if you grab too much throttle or too much clutch then just ease of either one so that that bike levels out. then if you can keep good balance then it should be smooth sailing. Only thing!!! please only attempt in empty parking lot, no need for others to suffer from bad judgement if something goes wrong. good luck

Old 01-24-2006, 12:01 AM

Thanks for your input...But you are talking about 2nd gear here right? When i try usualy clutching up in second i think i get a little scared and dont roll on the gas at all but just use clutch. I think that might be why its not coming up much...and i also try to clutch it up at 6k rpm..i guess i am gonna try 8..and trying roling the gas too

ORIGINAL: brancart1

yea unfortunatly our bikes dont have enough torque to just power the front end up, but clutch ups are actually really smooth when done right. all you need to do is grab about half the clutch at about 8K rpm, while rolling on the throttle at the same time. When all is done simontaneously then the front end will come up quicker than you might think. so if you grab too much throttle or too much clutch then just ease of either one so that that bike levels out. then if you can keep good balance then it should be smooth sailing. Only thing!!! please only attempt in empty parking lot, no need for others to suffer from bad judgement if something goes wrong. good luck

Old 01-24-2006, 12:03 AM

yea i actually thought the same thing at first, i was kinda scared of it flipping but as long as you dont ping the throttle it wont, just give it more throttle next time and u'll quickly figure it out.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:52 AM

you can set your front susp. very soft and your rear hard and this will allow you to bounce it up in the front. I can bring it up with one bounce and stay up as long as I want once I have the balance point. This should be done very carefully and with proper gear because you will be standing up. Be Careful and be ready for what can happen when you come down after being up long enough for the front wheel to stop spinning. this is with stock gearing

Old 01-24-2006, 01:39 AM

good point thats another alterantive, the only thing is that your all around would be messed up, handling would probably be affected if changed to much.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:42 AM

Does wheelies mess up your bike? like the forks can break if you dont do it right....or do they harm your bike physically?

Old 01-24-2006, 01:50 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: 1badcbrf4i

Does wheelies mess up your bike? like the forks can break if you dont do it right....or do they harm your bike physically?
blown fork seals from landing hard

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 f4i wheelie