CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   01' f4i pulsing. Need help! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/01-f4i-pulsing-need-help-130358/)

racewar 09-01-2011 10:09 PM

01' f4i pulsing. Need help!

I have a 01' F4i that seems to have a very unique problem. About a month ago I started to notice some hesitation in all gears. The bike would act like the fuel would be cutting off. During this time the original CCT was in the bike and making that anoying noise at 5,000 rpm. So last week I had it changed thinking it could have been the problem creating the pulsing. I was wrong. Now it has been steadily getting worse. When the bike is romped on it really starts to hesitate and pulse and sometimes the FI light comes on for a couple of seconds then goes out. It recently stalled on me when coming to a stop at a light. It fired right back up. At low speeds it seems to have less hesitation and pulse action.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

highercal 09-01-2011 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by racewar (Post 1096167)
I have a 01' F4i that seems to have a very unique problem. About a month ago I started to notice some hesitation in all gears. The bike would act like the fuel would be cutting off. During this time the original CCT was in the bike and making that anoying noise at 5,000 rpm. So last week I had it changed thinking it could have been the problem creating the pulsing. I was wrong. Now it has been steadily getting worse. When the bike is romped on it really starts to hesitate and pulse and sometimes the FI light comes on for a couple of seconds then goes out. It recently stalled on me when coming to a stop at a light. It fired right back up. At low speeds it seems to have less hesitation and pulse action.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Sound like your fuel pressure regulator is going out...

racewar 09-01-2011 10:39 PM

I was thinking something like that myself. I also read on some other forums that it could be the kill switch sensor, but their problems were slightly different from mine.

Thank you. I think I'm going to try your thinking.

highercal 09-01-2011 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by racewar (Post 1096176)
I was thinking something like that myself. I also read on some other forums that it could be the kill switch sensor, but their problems were slightly different from mine.

Thank you. I think I'm going to try your thinking.

The symptoms you described were the exact samething i was experiencing. I changed the FPR and the bike ran good as new. Best of luck!

racewar 09-01-2011 10:56 PM

Thank you! That's what I'll do.

OZZY_F4 09-02-2011 04:53 AM

I had same issues i replaced the FPR but the pulsing missing continued, i had honda check it out and he found a broken wire in the coil plug, it gave all the same symptoms as an Fpr, pulsing, fuely smell and bad gas millage cuting out etc

racewar 09-02-2011 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by OZZY_F4 (Post 1096232)
I had same issues i replaced the FPR but the pulsing missing continued, i had honda check it out and he found a broken wire in the coil plug, it gave all the same symptoms as an Fpr, pulsing, fuely smell and bad gas millage cuting out etc

While tearing the bike apart I decided to check the battery and discovered that one of the terminals was loose. Put the bike back together and drove it around for about 15 minutes with no issues at all. It will kill me if that was the problem. I'll let you all know if my problems arise again.

kenshin81 09-04-2011 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by racewar (Post 1096369)
While tearing the bike apart I decided to check the battery and discovered that one of the terminals was loose. Put the bike back together and drove it around for about 15 minutes with no issues at all. It will kill me if that was the problem. I'll let you all know if my problems arise again.

i had the same thing happen to me a few months back, and after taking off and putting back on the cable to terminals it stopped. look like it was just a loose connection for both of us.

racewar 09-04-2011 04:07 PM

Ya I can't believe that's all it was. I've put on nearly 400 miles on the bike now and everything is perfect. It's the things that make you go Hmmm??? LOL

Originally Posted by kenshin81 (Post 1096690)
i had the same thing happen to me a few months back, and after taking off and putting back on the cable to terminals it stopped. look like it was just a loose connection for both of us.

OZZY_F4 09-05-2011 03:34 AM

got to love a simple fix,:icon_wink: