F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 f4i bulb size?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:57 AM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two bolts in the upper, and then they're popped into the side fairing as well. Easy as pie.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 PM

What aftermarket bulbs have you guys used. I like the Silverstar bulbs, but I have heard that they get too hot and sometime will melt the headlight housing...Any info?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:55 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Best halogen H7 bulb available

Ignore rumors of headlight housings melting, it's rubbish. I've never seen first-hand experience of this from anyone I've known in my automotive history.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:08 AM

How are those different that the Silverstars I see at auto parts stores? Also, what does the color look like...super white or do they have a blue-ish tint to them. Do you run these on your bike?

How are those better than these: Sylvania Silverstar H7

Edit: what do the 4000k and 4100k ratings mean? I assume one has a bluer tint to it...which one?

I think these are more equivalent to what you posted Aken: Silverstar ULTRA H7

I would like to do this as cheap as possible, which is why I am asking so many questions.

Last edited by Uniqsol; 06-09-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:12 AM

i use piaa nice light and does not look cheezy

Old 06-09-2009, 12:29 AM

What about Osram Night Breakers...those look wicked. 90% more light. I think that would be a unique headlight to have in the states.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 AM

If you ride at night I would wait until you can get the HID's. Any blue halogen bulb (even if it is marketed as "xenon") limits light output. In my cage I like the Luminics usa true blue's. I would never put them on my bike. They look bright when you look at them (and sexy) but they SUCK to drive behind. Get the real deal if you ride at night.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:32 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Those two Silverstar bulbs probably have nothing different about them except packaging. The Osram Silverstar +50%s will be better. Honestly, stop trying to be cheap. If you want really cheap, go to Autozone and buy generic H7 bulbs for $8. But they're not gonna be anything good. If you want good vision and lasting performance, spend the $30.

Night Breakers I don't know for sure - I saw a couple that had a blue coating, which is usually a definite no-no.

My recommendations are based on those from http://www.danielsternlighting.com, which if you look you'll see he knows his light bulbs.

You do NOT need HIDs to ride at night. Yes, they're brighter and have a nice color, but that's an annoying misconception that you NEED HIDs. Boo. You should at least get a good bulb, though.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Aken
Those two Silverstar bulbs probably have nothing different about them except packaging. The Osram Silverstar +50%s will be better. Honestly, stop trying to be cheap. If you want really cheap, go to Autozone and buy generic H7 bulbs for $8. But they're not gonna be anything good. If you want good vision and lasting performance, spend the $30.

Night Breakers I don't know for sure - I saw a couple that had a blue coating, which is usually a definite no-no.

My recommendations are based on those from http://www.danielsternlighting.com, which if you look you'll see he knows his light bulbs.

You do NOT need HIDs to ride at night. Yes, they're brighter and have a nice color, but that's an annoying misconception that you NEED HIDs. Boo. You should at least get a good bulb, though.
Thanks, I just read an article on that site...Imma go with the Osram Silverstars.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uniqsol
How are those different that the Silverstars I see at auto parts stores? Also, what does the color look like...super white or do they have a blue-ish tint to them. Do you run these on your bike?

How are those better than these: Sylvania Silverstar H7

Edit: what do the 4000k and 4100k ratings mean? I assume one has a bluer tint to it...which one?

I think these are more equivalent to what you posted Aken: Silverstar ULTRA H7

I would like to do this as cheap as possible, which is why I am asking so many questions.
The 4000K and 4100K ratings are a unit of temperature, K meaning Kelvin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin

Here are a few good color scales so you can decide what temperature rating you want -

Quick Reply: 01 f4i bulb size?