F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

[01-03]Targa Seat Cowl

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMH3
heres my baby w/ the cowl on. got it on last night at like 1 am after literally working 17hrs....I have no patience =D

I installed in literally 20 mins in mid of night... super easy

Looks AWESOME, thanks for the pics!!

Old 07-17-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Nice post knonfs.

The Targa, once fitted/adjusted, is secure on the bike...no rattling whatsoever...rock solid.

It comes w/ its own hardware that allows the rear to snap into the seat lock like your orig seat. You'll use your key to unlock the Targa to remove just like you would your seat.

The front mounts are nothing like your orig seat. As Indiana mentioned, the Targa hardware has rubber grommets mounted in metal brackets, which mount to your subframe seat bar. The cowl itself has metal spikes that mount/insert into those grommets/brackets on the subframe. You insert these first, then snap the rear down to secure on the lock.

I leave the subframe mounted brackets on my bike & rotate them down so that I can switch off from cowl to regular seat. When I want to use the cowl, I just rotate the brackets back up (tighten of course) & secure the cowl. No problem.

Here's pics of the Targa cowl as it came. It's the unpainted option.
You can see the hardware on the underside. You'll see in my pic of the bike how the Targa mounting brackets are sercured. The way they are in the pic, they are rotated down so I can use my regular seat. To use the cowl, I just rotate them up, secure, & the cowl justs pops on.

Definitely quality stuff.
Sir, you are THE man!!!

Thanks for the explanation, and the pictures. I ended up buying an "Eurobike tail" early last week, and I am still waiting for it to arrive

Old 10-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Registered Users

where can I find the seat cowl for the split seat? does it use the same as the RR? I cant find one, the only ones I can find are Euro style for the banana seat f4i

Old 10-20-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by revels
where can I find the seat cowl for the split seat? does it use the same as the RR? I cant find one, the only ones I can find are Euro style for the banana seat f4i
Honda CBR600 F4i 2001 2002 2003 Rear Seat Cowl Black - MADE IN ENGLAND | eBay

TARGA SEAT COWLS