F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

STREET FIGHTA!! - Needs help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alrighty! Those are pics of her, she's 90% done, got a couple things left, gonna mount my old speedo, already fabricated it, just need the mount, sorry quicksilver but I've read reviews on that digispeedo that are good just FYI, anyways...

Got an engine noise, not sure if you can hear with the shi--y quality, but I think it's a misfire or a CCT noise... I'll post a video now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLF_-z8dhQQ

P.S. TO HELP YOU DIAGNOSE - - - I hooked the cluster up temporarily to check something, and the engine only revs to 5000 before it sounds like it's gonna explode, so not sure if it's a misfire on multiple cylinders? CCT? Blown Ring? Thanks again for the help.

Thanks guys, MORE HELP!! HALP ME!! lol, thank you all for everything already! almost there! almost rideable again!!

Last edited by Goloth; 06-15-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hard to tell with that audio, but kinda sounded like CCT @ startup. Also sounds like maybe an exhaust leak @ the header when revving? Check for a crack in the header/downtube or a flange that isn't sealed up tight. I'm not sure if loss of proper backpressure would cause all the noise you're mentioning.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:51 PM

I had the bike completely apart yesterday, all the way down to the carbs, and I inspected everything multiple times then, and the day of the wreck, there was no physical damage to the bike other than a few scratches, the engine noise only comes from the right side of the bike, (where the CCT and 4th piston are) and I'll definitely check what you said out though, I think I shoulda changed teh plugs while I had her apart yesterday , but I'll also check out different possibilities as far as the header etc. (I think it might be a combination of a misfire/CCT hahaha

Old 06-15-2010, 07:47 PM

If you're not running a brand new CCT, or an APE manual CCT, there's a good chance it's cam chain noise. You'd be amazed at just how much the CCT being off by a little will add a lot of noise. I went to adjust mine at my friends garage, and he was convinced it was some other kind of issue. An 1/8th of a turn later my bike went nearly silent. That CCT noise can be prettttty distinct!

I can't tell from your audio unfortunately exactly what the issue is.

If it's a ring (which I heard you theorize in your video I beleive), you'd be getting blowby, and low compression. A compression tester would check that. If you do find low compression, you can squirt oil into the cylinder and check compression again. If it's blown ring, the oil will temporarily seat and raise compression. If it's head gasket, the compression will continue to drop.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:48 PM

Oh yeah, and can I get more info on that fighter front fairing? It looks sick!

Old 06-15-2010, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by JesseAwesome
Oh yeah, and can I get more info on that fighter front fairing? It looks sick!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7710&viewitem=

same headlight

Gotta wire it on there, and it's a bit complicated, I had my buddy who knows a lot about electrical do it, but yeah.

didn't feel like making another post to post this - - - so I threw an edit on, check my plugs... 3rd one is definitely misfiring, think that's causing the noise...

http://i45.tinypic.com/10r7l1d.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/a1oms9.jpg

and I'm also thinking of doing a complete tune-up, easy ****, changing the filters 'n all

Last edited by Goloth; 06-15-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Goloth
and I'm also thinking of doing a complete tune-up, easy ****, changing the filters 'n all
Gonna change the oil along with the spark plugs today, get my new right peg, and maybe a new CCT... gotta call the famous junkyard known as Bob's Used Cycles... ooooh yeah... lets do this! put up pictures when she's done, and a video of how she sounds...

Old 06-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Nice. I like that the fairing includes everything to attach to the forks as well. I'll have to keep that in mind for any future fighter builds I do. Thanks for sharing!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 PM

Well I got around to changing the plugs out, cleaning the carbs, and changing the oil today, now the bike has no ticking, no engine noise, in fact it has had an increase in power more than anything else, feels great, runs great, just gotta clean/lube the chain and adjust it, and she's ready to roll, I'll get some video footage of how beastly sounding she is real soon guys!! Thanks for everything really.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:43 AM

Awesome. Let's see it man! Also, have you pusted this on that big custom fighters forum they have somewhere on the net?

Quick Reply: STREET FIGHTA!! - Needs help.