F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Petcock issue i assume?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so if my bike hasnt had a vacuum on the petcock all this time how has it been running?

Old 04-25-2010, 10:07 PM

just because it doesnt have the vacuum port doesnt mean it wont run UNLESS you have a f2 petcock. you have what seems to be an f3 petcock which needs no vacuum to operate. its ran by a fuel pump. so its just a constant flow of gas. pretty simple just get a f2 petcock put your vacuum port back on cylinder 1 or if its plugged unplug it and hook the vacuum hose up to the petcock etc... and youll be good i cant explain it to where you would understand unlees you have seen the items before. you need to download the manual

Old 04-26-2010, 02:24 PM

ive got an understanding now, how much shipped to 28214?

Old 04-26-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by dustinjklee
just because it doesnt have the vacuum port doesnt mean it wont run UNLESS you have a f2 petcock. you have what seems to be an f3 petcock which needs no vacuum to operate. its ran by a fuel pump. so its just a constant flow of gas. pretty simple just get a f2 petcock put your vacuum port back on cylinder 1 or if its plugged unplug it and hook the vacuum hose up to the petcock etc... and youll be good i cant explain it to where you would understand unlees you have seen the items before. you need to download the manual
What are you talking about dustin? The F3 petcock does NOT need a fuel pump to run on the F2.

Name:  CIMG0009.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  72.5 KB

These are both F2 petcocks. See how there is a smaller nub for a hose to attach on the top? That is for the vacuum hose to attach to. If yours does not have this it is most likely an F3 petcock. If it is an F3... it's probably working fine.

Your problem seems like the vacuum hose got knocked off the F2 petcock or it is making a bad seal. Gas was fed into the carbs at more of a trickle rate than a flow rate (in my case) when the vacuum hose was disconnected, causing the engine to stall out after riding a mile or so. After waiting about 5 minutes, I was able to restart as if there was nothing wrong.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:54 PM

Where is the vacuum port on the carbs? i did discover my bike does have a diaphragm. Also is it harmful to run a f3 petcock on a f2? if so would it still be harmful if i wired in a fuel pump? i do have one layin right here off a f3.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:39 PM

the vacuum port actually isnt on the carbs. but on the vavle right under where your boots clam on to. Its the nipple that pops out to the left under the carb to the far left if seated and looking down on them.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:41 PM

#1 is the vacuum hose connected to the port

Old 04-26-2010, 04:58 PM

gotcha, gonna have to go to advance now and get some vacuum tubing and hopefully thatll fix it. Would it hurt to add a fuel pump?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:06 PM

well if you have the petcock attached properly then your good to go as long as its a functioning petcock. and im pretty sure adding a fuel pump is a lot more advanced than just buying a tube and slappin it on two nipples

Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by mobius9
What are you talking about dustin? The F3 petcock does NOT need a fuel pump to run on the F2.

These are both F2 petcocks. See how there is a smaller nub for a hose to attach on the top? That is for the vacuum hose to attach to. If yours does not have this it is most likely an F3 petcock. If it is an F3... it's probably working fine.

Your problem seems like the vacuum hose got knocked off the F2 petcock or it is making a bad seal. Gas was fed into the carbs at more of a trickle rate than a flow rate (in my case) when the vacuum hose was disconnected, causing the engine to stall out after riding a mile or so. After waiting about 5 minutes, I was able to restart as if there was nothing wrong.
first of all i never said the f2 needs a fuel pump or has one to run an f3 petcock. i said that the f3 has a fuel pump which is why it doesnt need the vacuum line read more carefully before you start trying to accuse me of saying stuff that i didnt and trying to make me look dumb. which by the way you failed horribly at

Quick Reply: Petcock issue i assume?