F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Need New F2 Winshield - Would F3 one Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012 | 04:04 AM

I just brought one off fleabay for $23 delivered, but I think I overpaid cause I seen some for around $16 delivered lol

Old 06-26-2012 | 01:51 AM

So my windsreen arrived today but they sent me the smaller screen instead of the db like they had pictured in their listing...grrr. I could of bought this smaller screen alot cheaper.

Old 06-26-2012 | 10:10 AM
|

RedBaron -- Sorry to hear about your purchase. Could you provide the link to the eBay page of it so that I can see what you mean? That way I can learn from your situation... :( Thanks.

Old 06-26-2012 | 11:39 AM

Yep sure, I ordered this db windshield Black Double Bubble Windshield Windscreen Honda CBR600 F2 1991-1994 91-94 #611 | eBay

But they sent me one like this which is a much smaller db, has the lip around the outside and is a different shape,

the smaller one is usually cheaper as well and most sellers know the difference. But make sure you choose a seller with free postage just in case you need a refund.

Old 06-26-2012 | 01:11 PM
|

RedBaron,

OK, thanks for the pic and link. I'll have to keep this in mind as I decide where to buy it. The "raised windshield" thread where the guy took pictures of OEM and the one he bought shows that his didn't have the lip. Truth is, my so-called clear OEM didn't either, so probably wasn't really OEM (bought the bike second-hand). Lip looks better, maybe a bit sturdier but I suppose the higher the shield the better even if I don't go that fast.

JNSRacing,

Only now noticed your signature and checked out your mods thread. Sheeezus, you take mint care of your bike. Mine looks fine from a distance, but up close, it's nowhere near as minty as yours (fairings are old, cracked-repaired-but-imperfect, etc.). But my red-white color scheme is still rather unique and does turn some heads here and there. Oldie but goodie :)