F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

LED sequential turn arrows not working right

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sequential motorcycle turn signal not working

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
Hey - not all of us :-) Just don't post, since this place turned into a ghost town.

And I'm pretty sure my advice from 8 yrs ago is still valid. It needs a constant triggered input, not a on-off-on that a flasher relay puts out.

If you tapped off of the trigger wire coming out of the turn signal switch, but before it gets to the flasher, you could run that 12v+ back to these and they would work as intended until you turned the turn signal switch off manually. If you don't have stock style turn signals at all, you could probably just pull the flasher relay and jumper across the contacts and then use the factory wiring.
Hi, I have the same problem with my 98 f3, any chance of a wiring diagram. Cheers
all sorted, just take out the relay and short the connector. LED sequential works a treat

Last edited by flitch; 05-02-2020 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clarification

Hey - not all of us :-) Just don't post, since this place turned into a ghost town.

And I'm pretty sure my advice from 8 yrs ago is still valid. It needs a constant triggered input, not a on-off-on that a flasher relay puts out.

If you tapped off of the trigger wire coming out of the turn signal switch, but before it gets to the flasher, you could run that 12v+ back to these and they would work as intended until you turned the turn signal switch off manually. If you don't have stock style turn signals at all, you could probably just pull the flasher relay and jumper across the contacts and then use the factory wiring.

so my flasher is on the lead wire coming into the signal switch. I’m running sequential signal lights on the front and LED on the rear. So if I understand correctly I could what a flasher on each side for the rear output wires for the rear. I could then connect the sequential lines to the output wire ahead of the flasher. Of course I would have to remove the flasher on the feed line so the output would be constant. Does that sound like it would work to you?

Old 11-29-2021, 08:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to just join this forum to thank you. Ive been sorting this problem for weeks. finally get it working perfectly.
As a noob in electrical stuff, that kind of frustration. Thank you so much

The following users liked this post:
IDoDirt (12-02-2021)