F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Laid Down Bike and now it wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laid Down Bike and now it wont start

i recently had to lay down my bike going about 45.. managed to get out of it with a broken handle bar and bent clutch lever. lucky right?.. well at least i thought so till i got it home today and i tried to turn it on just to see.. and it wont even click... i have the fuel on . killswitch off and everything set to turn the bike on an it wont even click when i press the starter button.. so any ideas would help me over the next couple of days... i am in dire need.. please help....

Old 02-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Official CBRF Decal Man

check your main fuse to see if it has blown and all other fuses, a wire could have been earthed and might be shutting your bike down. its kind of a hard thing for us to trouble shoot when the bike is just dead and we are all yet so far away.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:37 AM

Also, the connection to your starter button could have been disrupted/be loose etc. a stab in the dark but check your kickstand switch (i would imagine the f2 has one, not to sure tho)

is this the first time you tried to start it or did it fire up right after it went down??

lol im not the guy to solve this problem, good luck!

Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by The_Prince_NR
i recently had to lay down my bike going about 45.. managed to get out of it with a broken handle bar and bent clutch lever. lucky right?.. well at least i thought so till i got it home today and i tried to turn it on just to see.. and it wont even click... i have the fuel on . killswitch off and everything set to turn the bike on an it wont even click when i press the starter button.. so any ideas would help me over the next couple of days... i am in dire need.. please help....
Did it start up after you wrecked it, or did you get it home in a trailer?

Did the bike slide or flip around or hit anything? You might just have a problem with what these guys mentioned. Check your battery voltage too on top of fuses, and the obvious kick stand and kill switch.

If you didn't do major damage and didn't bang the bike around real bad, you could have just screwed up some of the wiring somewhere like with the starter switch or wherever else.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are you getting power to the rest of the bike? If you don't have a sealed battery you could have a cracked battery case and the thing is shot.

If battery voltage is good and the rest of the bike has power, use a jumpercable fromt he pos post of the battery (or the output tterminal on the solenoid relay) to the starter directly and see if it spins up then.

If so, start troubleshooting connections at the battery and the solenoid relay per the service manual on page 17-3. The manual has a very good flowchart to follow for troubleshooting this issue.

You can download the manual here: http://www.stephygee.com/F2manual.zip

Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 AM

Yea I just got it to slide so it wasn't flipping around or damaging anything to much. I havent checked the fuses yet but I will today and change em out. Haven't got into it yet to look at wires either just cause of work an school but I will definitely check everything. An about the killswitch it turns off when I lift the sidestand. But no I took it home after the accident an never started it so... But I will definitely check everything out thanks much.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM

Does the cluster light up when you turn on the key? Not sure if "everything" included the neutral switch so I'm throwing it in as a possible cause.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:16 PM

And last but not least, try the simple one first...Bank Angle Switch (tip over switch). Turn on, cycle kill switch a few times to reset. Turn off, then on again just to be sure.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by randyjoy
And last but not least, try the simple one first...Bank Angle Switch (tip over switch). Turn on, cycle kill switch a few times to reset. Turn off, then on again just to be sure.
F2/F3/F4 doesn't have one. F4i was the first that introduced the BAS.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
F2/F3/F4 doesn't have one. F4i was the first that introduced the BAS.
Oops, my bad. Didn't realize which forum we were in!

Quick Reply: Laid Down Bike and now it wont start