CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F2 Tech (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-93/)
-   -   Just back from ride that was very frustrating (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-93/just-back-ride-very-frustrating-123383/)

pdcbrf2 04-03-2011 11:35 AM

Just back from ride that was very frustrating

Got up this morning and felt like going to the motorcycle trade show about 40 min away. It was supposed to hit the 40's so figured I would take my bike. Go outside first hit of the start and the bike fires up no choke, stay with me there are problems coming. Went to the trade show, shouldnt have it wazs mostly for HD, but nothing unusuall about the ride there. As I start my bike to leave I let it warm up and see that my exhaust is spitting out a little bit of liquid looked like gas. That was weird bc it has never done that before that I noticed. Buyt nevertheless got on the bike and started my ride home everything was going fine until i hit the highway. I get up to cruising at 75mph at about 6k rpm. And all of a sudden i lose power the bike stalls and i pull over. The bike now would not start back up. I mess around with it get it back going temporarily until i put it into gear to go the second i start to let out the clutch stall again. Get it going one more time this time running correctly and start going. Get up to 75 and 6k again and i lose power this time a LEO is behind mind so i dont have to worry about getting hit. Get it going barely and get it to a gas station. Let it sit a couple minutes then start it up and let it idle and get going seems to be running fine until i start to lose power again. This happened at least 2-3 more times. I dont know whats going on. It is a brand new tank of gas, I also add Sea Foam just to clean anything i missed when I had the carbs apart. Checked the spark plugs the other day i was running slightly rich on 1 but 234 were all perfect. Any help is much appreciated. I am stumped. When I got it home in the garage it started idleing fine again with correct throttle response. Sorry for the long post but there was lots to get in there

comodidit 04-03-2011 01:47 PM

Not sure about the dying, but the liquid out of the exhaust is condensation. I get it every morning when I head out to work. By the time the exhaust warms up it's stopped.

Good luck.

pdcbrf2 04-03-2011 03:33 PM

Thanks i did notice because it is still chilly out here that when i got home the exhaust no longer spit anything

Monkeybutt2000 04-04-2011 10:06 AM

Might be the CDI box. I had a bike that would run fine until it warmed up,and did the exact thing yours does. Swapped another CDI and it was fine.

pdcbrf2 04-04-2011 05:33 PM

Is there any way to check and see if it is busted. If it is just idling though and warms up even with me revving it and holding it at 6k it wont stall

RedBaron 04-05-2011 09:06 AM

Petcock or vacuum.

edit: I was completely wrong

Monkeybutt2000 04-05-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by pdcbrf2 (Post 1034612)
Is there any way to check and see if it is busted. If it is just idling though and warms up even with me revving it and holding it at 6k it wont stall

I don't think so. Do you know another F2 owner so you could swap'em real quick and see if that's the issue??

pdcbrf2 04-06-2011 06:25 PM

I dont but I have had it out two times now one a quick ride and then next about a 30 mile ride with no problem. I did feel some movement like it was starting to rev or jump, i cant quite describe it, but the rpms were not jumping and the bike did not stall. And i dont know any other F2 owners around here. I dont even have anybody to ride with that would maybe even be able to take a look at it so, im kinda sol. Hopefully it isnt anything bad and could just be because it was a cold damp day and it could still be working out some of the old gas nad treatment i put in there

1992 gsx600f 04-06-2011 07:50 PM

+1 on the petcock issue. look for a crack in the in the vacuum line first.
Also, don't worry about the liquid coming out of the exhaust, it is just condensed H20, get some on your finger and smell it and taste it.

tucsondude 04-07-2011 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by 1992 gsx600f (Post 1035653)
+1 on the petcock issue. look for a crack in the in the vacuum line first.
Also, don't worry about the liquid coming out of the exhaust, it is just condensed H20, get some on your finger and smell it and taste it.

may give you cancer....

rust, lots of exhaust build up... good at staining...