CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F2 Tech (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-93/)
-   -   Installed aftermarket gauge cluster/digital cockpit. Video included (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-93/installed-aftermarket-gauge-cluster-digital-cockpit-video-included-148445/)

Cenquizca 08-06-2013 03:32 PM

Installed aftermarket gauge cluster/digital cockpit. Video included

After my gauge cluster went out I started to look around for a decent used one or easy aftermarket option. The ones I found were really expensive, tho. And they had a ton of miles on the odometer. At this point I decided to buy a cheap universal aftermarket digital cockpit. I made a little video and thought I'd share it here and answer any questions people might have about it. check it out.

kingtut 08-06-2013 09:00 PM

You didn't by chance do pictured among the way did you? This would make a mean write up.

Cenquizca 08-07-2013 12:15 PM

I didn't unfortunately. But I can at least run thru the steps. I'll post exactly what I did later today

coolieman27 04-16-2023 08:14 AM

Help with wiring

Originally Posted by Cenquizca (Post 1244824)
After my gauge cluster went out I started to look around for a decent used one or easy aftermarket option. The ones I found were really expensive, tho. And they had a ton of miles on the odometer. At this point I decided to buy a cheap universal aftermarket digital cockpit. I made a little video and thought I'd share it here and answer any questions people might have about it. check it out.

Danmoto cockpit on cbr 600 f2 - YouTube

hey I no the msg is old but I’m hoping you get this msg can you help me out I have a 06 Honda cbr600rr installing a cheap cluster but in having trouble getting the indicators to work have the two wires connected but I notice there’s a other wire controlling them call win-out on the Honda electrical diagram could you help me find out we’re to connect that if you can?

dannoxyz 04-21-2023 05:37 PM

Which cluster did you get ?
Have link to product or its manual?

For every electrical part, you need 2-wires: power and ground
Ground is common to all circuits, so it can share wire. Here's what's needed for winkers:

green = ground, connect all circuit's grounds here
org/wht = left winker +power
blu/wht = right winker +power

Most likely 2 wires on clocks just need org/wht and blu/wht connected.

coolieman27 04-21-2023 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by dannoxyz (Post 1354165)

Ground is common to all circuits, so it can share wire. Here's what's needed for winkers:

hey so I got it done there’s 2 wires call on the diagram win in and win out they are the 2 wire that going to the flashing relay that’s in the cluster it self so I took those out the harness and bought a led flashing relay and put the win in to the power of the relay and the win out to the negative of the relay now my indicators work great

coolieman27 04-25-2023 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by dannoxyz (Post 1354165)

hey so I’m having a other issue the temperature light is on and the bike isn’t overheating I have it connected to the temp - wire from the engine harness was woundering if I have to run a wire straight from the sensor to the universal cluster ?