F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

China Replacement farings or is there a US equal for the price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question China Replacement farings or is there a US equal for the price?

I need a complete faring for my bike.
I don't need a new OEM since the bike isn't worth that kind of investment but I would like to find a good faring for as cheap as I can possibly find.
I also don't want to have to hire a bodyshop to paint it.

I would love to have a black with ghost flame style but I have don't know where to start and if I will regret buying the china farings.
Has anyone used them? what is the cheapest one I can get in the US for street use. I need everything from front to back and a tank cover.

Any pointers links pricing would be greatly appreciated.
would like to have one for below 400 shipping included.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 AM

Good luck with finding them for less than 400. Ebay is full of them but they are closer to 500. There are some reviews if you search around. I bought a one piece upper and one piece lower, unpainted and did the prep and paint work myself. Came out ok but I wouldn't do it again. Made me understand why the factory has 13 different fairings for the bike. Easier to handle, remove, paint, repair, replace etc, smaller pieces. You can check seller's feedback too on Ebay and get an idea of how buyers feel about the fairings sets from China. Good luck to you. Please update and post what you did and how it turned out.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:00 AM

Not going to find one for 400 with shipping. They're all roughly around 525-550.

They are worth the investment. To get a full body change for that amount of money is a great deal. Fitting them up is a little rough and they won't be perfect or sit like OEM sits, but they do work and look nice once you're all done. Check out the other thread in the normal F2 section "Hong Kong fairings" for pictures of mine.

Seems to me the problem with their fitment is very simple. They cast them off of the original OEM fairings, but in the drying or hardening process they shrink slightly. All of the bolt holes were in perfect location, just 1/8" short pulling in the direction of center. Kind of weird.