F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

CBR F2 vs F3 Radiator and Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR F2 vs F3 Radiator and Hoses

Trying to find out if the radiator from a F3 can be used on the F2. The F2 is straight while the F3 is curved. Mounts same? Relative dimensions same? Clearance?

NEXT, are the coolant hoses on the F2 different than the F3? They look similar but I can't quite tell. I've found some new, coloured, coolant hoses for the F3, so I'm hoping they would work on the F2.

Thanks!!

Attached Thumbnails CBR F2 vs F3 Radiator and Hoses-coolant-hoses.jpg  
Old 01-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The F3 radiator is mounted lower than the F2 to allow room for the ram-air snorkel. So I would think they would be a little different. Also the F3 radiator cap doesnt screw on directly to the radiator like the F2. The F3 has a short hose on top of the radiator, then the metal thingy that the cap goes on top of. But I would think since the hoses are flexible and the F2 and F3 are extremely similar you could probably make them work. Go to the F3 section here and look at some pics of builds, that should let you know something.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:29 AM

You could also go to an OEM supplier site and compare part numbers between the F2 and F3. Wow! That was your first post since Nov 7. You must have really been living at school like you said you would be. Or making extremely detailed drawings for us................get it?

Old 01-27-2016, 06:37 PM

Got it! lol. Finished school end of December. Found a job right after, and have spent the last 2 weeks looking for a place to live in the new city, and the last week moving. I have some preliminary drawings I made for you guys but everything is packed away right now. Hoping to get it all un-boxed and organized before I start work, which I will then pound out those bracket specs. Thanks for the reply.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:12 PM

I looked at Ron Ayers (oem supplier) and the two main radiator hoses have different part #'s. Also the bottom outlet of the F2 radiator is sloped back somewhat, where as the F3 bottom outlet is straight vertical. Good luck with the new job and new home. The "get it" is a Sling Blade reference. Billy Bob Thorton at his best. Take care.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:05 AM

That sucks. Thanks for the best wishes and looking, I appreciate it.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:15 AM

It's tight but it can be done fairly easily from what I can tell.

My F2's radiator was converted to F3 style if you want some pictures

Old 01-22-2017, 07:01 AM

No Tony, he dont want no pics. He aint been here for almost a year. He either figured it out or gave up. A good rule of thumb is to look at the last post date before you try to help or answer. Im guilty also.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by coalminer frank
No Tony, he dont want no pics. He aint been here for almost a year. He either figured it out or gave up. A good rule of thumb is to look at the last post date before you try to help or answer. Im guilty also.
So you're deciding for him if he wants the pictures that's cool. Some people want it for the learning because they thought that it couldn't be don't easily, but it's not that hard to do in reality. Yes it was posted a year ago but that's not very long when this damn forum (for f2s specifically) hardly gets new posts plus the bike itself is 25 years old. Why is it when someone reawakens a dead post it's such a big deal to some users like who tf cares??? I noticed the date and didn't think it was a big deal because it could still be useful info and I mean January 2016 is pretty recent in my opinion, so it's not unrealistic to think these users may still be active.

I commented on a year old post on purpose to make a point to someone that the radiators can indeed be swapped, when the conclusion of the thread was that it was too difficult to attempt, when it's not. Then I offered pictures to help or simply prove it..

If it was from 2011 I would have started a new thread but since this was from 2016 I considered it RECENT SINCE THERE IS NO OFFICIAL FORUM RULE BOOK ON WHEN A THREAD IS OFFICIALLY DEAD AND SHOULDNT BE COMMENTED ON.

Sorry coal miner frank my unnecessary rant is over

Old 01-23-2017, 11:02 AM

RECENT SINCE THERE IS NO OFFICIAL FORUM RULE BOOK ON WHEN A THREAD
IS OFFICIALLY DEAD AND SHOULDNT BE COMMENTED ON.

JeeWiz, you dont have to yell at me, dam. So, where's the pics?

Quick Reply: CBR F2 vs F3 Radiator and Hoses