F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

cbr 600 f2

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010 | 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jesus1982002
how do i sync my carbs? I took the tank off..i see 2 black tubes that have nothing connected to them?where do i connect to the other 2 banks?
do they look like they will go on ? if so yeah hook them up and if you dont know how to get the carbs in sync dont mess with them you'll mess it all up ............ is it running ?????? will it rev up fine????? if so they are in sync ......

Old 08-13-2010 | 10:18 PM
Default ??

so a easy way to tell if ur carbs are in sync or not is if it revs up fin and runs?? i recently bought a f2 tht sat for a unknown period of time with bad gas in it, sat so long the gas turned yellow, and it idles rough and till about 1/4 throttle doesnt run like it should u can even hear it out the exhaust tht it isnt running right, but anythin above 1/4 throttle runs like it should so im gonna give the carbs a good cleaning and give me a chance to search down any vacuum leaks.

Old 08-13-2010 | 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hot83chevy
so a easy way to tell if ur carbs are in sync or not is if it revs up fin and runs?? i recently bought a f2 tht sat for a unknown period of time with bad gas in it, sat so long the gas turned yellow, and it idles rough and till about 1/4 throttle doesnt run like it should u can even hear it out the exhaust tht it isnt running right, but anythin above 1/4 throttle runs like it should so im gonna give the carbs a good cleaning and give me a chance to search down any vacuum leaks.
clean the carbs fix the vacum leaks put new plugs in it and try that but if you get the carbs out of sync it's a bitch usless you know how to get them back in sync .... but i dont see why they wld be out unless someone was working on them ..... ask the person you go it from what had been done to it before you got it ...

Old 08-14-2010 | 02:25 AM
Default ..

i just put new plugs in it two days ago, i also noticed looks like the carbs are leaking so im hoping they just need cleaned really good, cuz i cant find any carb kits anywhere and also why the carbs are apart ill know if it has a jet kit or not, as i just ordered a header and full exhaust. and i noticed on 2 of the carbs it was missing the screws tht tighten the clamp up on the carbs so i figure its gotta have a vacuum leak or two, and previous owner didnt know much it was a weird deal where he got it from someone, so im on my own, tag was out since 03 so i know its been sitting alot. so carbs are due for a good cleaning just hoping it already has a jet kit so i dont have to buy one right now, and hoping cleaning the carbs fixes all my problems including my leaking carb issues. and also i heard u can put a 900rr rear wheel on a f2? do u know what all u have to do im wanting to run a 180 rear tire

Old 08-14-2010 | 02:42 AM
Banned

i just put new plugs in it two days ago, i also noticed looks like the carbs are leaking so im hoping they just need cleaned really good, cuz i cant find any carb kits anywhere and also why the carbs are apart ill know if it has a jet kit or not, as i just ordered a header and full exhaust. and i noticed on 2 of the carbs it was missing the screws tht tighten the clamp up on the carbs so i figure its gotta have a vacuum leak or two, and previous owner didnt know much it was a weird deal where he got it from someone, so im on my own, tag was out since 03 so i know its been sitting alot. so carbs are due for a good cleaning just hoping it already has a jet kit so i dont have to buy one right now, and hoping cleaning the carbs fixes all my problems including my leaking carb issues. and also i heard u can put a 900rr rear wheel on a f2? do u know what all u have to do im wanting to run a 180 rear tire
you can run a 180 on the wheel you have now also i think someone on here has a carb set up for like 90 bucks shipped look in parts for sale . i'd look into it if that will help........ a vacum leak hmmmmm i bet that why its running like it is !!!!!!! i don't know about the 900rr wheel fitting i'm not real sure if it will or not i'd say not but i don't know ..... i'd try and fix the vacum leak before i took the carbs off run some race gas in it and try that before you take them off ....

Attached Thumbnails cbr 600 f2-lip.jpg  
Old 08-15-2010 | 02:56 AM
Default ..

so u can safely run a 180 tire on a f2 wheel? cool so im gonna order new tires on monday mine are getting a lil unsafe mainly the back. and ya i just orderd a full exhaust and i think the carbs need cleaned it set for years with bad gas so im gonna clean em good. ive tried runnin seafoam and everything else thru it, and while the carbs were apart i was gonna look at jet numbers and slide needs to see if it has a jetkit installed before i went and bought one. thanks for all ur help i appreciate it

Old 08-15-2010 | 08:57 AM

hope to hear an update on how it went after that cleaning!

Old 08-15-2010 | 10:44 AM
Banned

so u can safely run a 180 tire on a f2 wheel? cool so im gonna order new tires on monday mine are getting a lil unsafe mainly the back. and ya i just orderd a full exhaust and i think the carbs need cleaned it set for years with bad gas so im gonna clean em good. ive tried runnin seafoam and everything else thru it, and while the carbs were apart i was gonna look at jet numbers and slide needs to see if it has a jetkit installed before i went and bought one. thanks for all ur help i appreciate it
put some pictures on here of it i'd like to see what you are working on good luck with it .......

if you are going to get tires i'd run the 170 rear www.jakewilson.com

Last edited by hparker619; 08-15-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-15-2010 | 02:41 PM

well i can get a brand new front a rear set of tires for 166 bucks after shipping. thts the factory size in front, and a 180 55 in back, or the guy said he might be able to get me a 170/60 in rear for same price he acted iffy so i might just run the 180. i want a wider back tire tht for sure, think it will look so much better. but just worried about clearance. but seems to be alot of ppl have squeezed a 180 on their f2's. i just want it to handle good. i attached a bike of my bike.

Attached Thumbnails cbr 600 f2-img00158-20100802-2048.jpg