F2 For Sale / Trade / Wanted F2 specific classifieds section. Forum rules for selling items apply -- senior member, price, pic and location in ad.

Parting out 1991 stripped CBR600F2

Old 09-16-2017, 08:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parting out 1991 stripped CBR600F2

I picked up a stripped bike for a couple parts that I needed and now I'm getting rid of everything else. The bike does not appear to have been wrecked so I think it may have been stolen and stripped. I bought it from the yard where it had apparently been sitting for some time.

The engine is badly rusted inside (see pics of carb bank and head) so I am piecing it out. I am not down to the flywheels yet but will add them as I get further into it.

Everything is for sale except the frame so if you see it here, make me an offer.

I didn't want to attach this many pictures so I was going to put them on photobucket but as usual, photobucket sucks and I couldn't even create a new album. Instead I made an Imgur account. Let me know if you can't see that. There is a picture below of the bike as it stood before I started stripping.

https://imgur.com/a/pVvaS

Parts that are rusted are so indicated in the description. Everything else is in decent condition. If you want more pictures of a particular part, PM me and I'll take them next time I'm at the shop. The available parts are:

Valve cover with screws
cylinder head (rusted)
carb bank (rusted)
cam, caps, and hardware
chain tensioner with guides
fan assembly (tested and works)

header (normal corrosion)
rear swingarm with adjusters and both axles
front wheel SOLD
rear wheelSOLD
rear sprocket assembly SOLD
kickstand assembly with switch
handlebars
rear shock
footpeg mount assemblies with pegs SOLD
front triple tree (straight, forks slid right out)
various small wiring harnesses
coils and plug wires

Added:

Front wheel (no dings on rim, cosmetic only scratches and chips) SOLD

Front forks (Had to drill heads of pinch bolts. Looks like someone put in longer bolts at some point and they were frozen in. Could be drilled and tapped with minimal effort but forks are straight and complete otherwise. Came right out of triple trees.)

Front axle. SOLD

Speedometer drive (cable is obviously not in great condition)

Starter (bench tested and spins fine under 12V)

Charging system stator and cover (bench tested at 0.6 ohm each wire, OL to ground on all three wires so good resistance and no grounds)

Charging system rotor (not off engine yet but visually in perfect condition)

Transmission sprocket spins smoothly so I have high hopes for transmission. When I removed clutch cover oil (mixed with water, but still oil) came out so the bottom end has been in oil while sitting).

Clutch assembly (not removed from engine yet but visually looks good.)

I will be pulling starter and more side covers off engine to check lower end and transmission in the next couple weeks so if there is something you are looking for let me know so that I can focus on that.

Picture of engine to this point added below plus more on imgur link above.

Attached Thumbnails Parting out 1991 stripped CBR600F2-20170807_145450.jpg  

Last edited by heresolong; 11-12-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Parts and pictures added.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rims and swing arms

How much for the rims and swing arms with the adjustment bolts?

Old 10-15-2017, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jay D
How much for the rims and swing arms with the adjustment bolts?
Where are you located? I have them listed on craigslist locally for $100 and $75 respectively, but that assumes no shipping. If we can figure out shipping and you are still interested I am flexible on the price so we could probably work something out.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by heresolong
Where are you located? I have them listed on craigslist locally for $100 and $75 respectively, but that assumes no shipping. If we can figure out shipping and you are still interested I am flexible on the price so we could probably work something out.
OK. I am in Illinois. Where would it be coming from. I am rebuilding a 94 f2. I haven't decided if I want to stretch the arms or go with stock yet. Let me see how much that would be and I'll get back with you. Thanks for replying.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jay D
OK. I am in Illinois. Where would it be coming from. I am rebuilding a 94 f2. I haven't decided if I want to stretch the arms or go with stock yet. Let me see how much that would be and I'll get back with you. Thanks for replying.
North of Seattle. Let me know.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

If you haven't sold the wheels I'm interested in getting both of them. By any chance do you have the upper fairing stay as well? I'm in Central Florida, will cover shipping costs if we can work something out.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by chobes
If you haven't sold the wheels I'm interested in getting both of them. By any chance do you have the upper fairing stay as well? I'm in Central Florida, will cover shipping costs if we can work something out.
PM sent

Old 11-29-2017, 07:27 PM
Default Stator

How much for the stator? I’d need it shipped to 76009 Texas

Old 11-30-2017, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wdpatterson102
How much for the stator? I’d need it shipped to 76009 Texas
PM sent

Well, spoke to soon. For some reason I can't send you a private message. So instead I can put it in a flat rate box so how about $35 shipped.

Last edited by heresolong; 11-30-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't tell from the pic, but since it's not listed, I assume that the instrument cluster is MIA?

Search this Thread