F2 For Sale / Trade / Wanted F2 specific classifieds section. Forum rules for selling items apply -- senior member, price, pic and location in ad.

Looking for a set of fairings for an F2

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2023, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a set of fairings for an F2

As above, the front two fairings that make up the nose cone will work but a full set would be ideal, thanks

Old 11-30-2023, 08:41 AM
Received 134 Likes on 116 Posts

You can get full sets in pretty much any color for the F2 - is there a reason these are no good for you?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17597502980...QaAg2yEALw_wcB

The following users liked this post:
Al1040 (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockpool
You can get full sets in pretty much any color for the F2 - is there a reason these are no good for you?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17597502980...QaAg2yEALw_wcB
I took chinese plastics off the bike to reuse oem bits, the difference in quality is ridiculous but maybe the China stuff has come along?

Old 11-30-2023, 02:15 PM

I doubt they are better - but OEM parts are like hens teeth now.

You can dramatically improve the robustness of the Chinese parts by layering some extra glass or carbon fiber inside them - but given their cost, they are not a bad buy for our 20-year old bikes.

Old 02-10-2024, 09:43 AM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I would personally stay right away from ANYTHING made in China the bikes they produce NEVER get any better to sum up what you can expect buying Chinese rubbish we have, bad welds on frames cheap chrome that rusts before your eyes. You also have on the list wiring and general electrics that burn out for FUN engines that either stop working or just rattle themselves to death and plastics that WILL and DO break with the slightest bit of pressure.

You get what you pay for as far as Chinese parts go their "bikes" make GREAT boat anchors but I wouldn't recommend anyone actually part with their hard earned for one OR their cheap plastics. Spend a bit more buddy look on evil Bay and Farcebook Marketplace and other sites such as Pre Loved Craigslist etc I'm sure you'll find what you need at reasonable money somewhere. If you're not bothered about them being in color there "are some panels on Marketplace but if you're in the states you're looking at shipping on top.

Old 02-10-2024, 10:01 AM

I could not disagree more - plastic is plastic - wherever it's made, and we don't have many options when it comes to these older bikes.

Also brake handles, trim, screens, fasteners etc - all made in China wherever you buy them from. Aliexpress is a treasure trove of parts for older Hondas.

Old 02-10-2024, 11:33 AM

Everyone to their own I refuse to touch ANYTHING made in China if I can absolutely help it its all cheap tat if the plastics you are talking about made for the CBR by them are anything like the plastics on the imported rubbish like the Pulse Adrenalins Sinnis Apaches the RMR Superbykes along with all the other models then I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft Barge Pole OR recommend anyone buying it.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:28 PM

That's twice you've brought up Chinese motorcycles - this threat started with fairings for a Japanese bike. Why not create your own thread to complain about Chinese bikes in the Other forum?

Old 02-10-2024, 12:42 PM

Tsk Tsk you're a might touchy fella, unless you've forgotten this is a forum where people post stuff including their points of view and I've posted just that and with good reason. I've seen so many young kids over here buy that rubbish with everything they have scraped together and saved for maybe the last year or so only 'then to have all sorts of problems raise their head only a matter of weeks later don't tell me this stuff is good because I know better.

Over the past couple of years I have had these so called "bikes" brought to me by these young kids AND adults alike asking me to fix them and I've done exactly that because that is what I do I fix and restore and I'm damn good at it I know my stuff and once I've fixed whatever the issue has been I've then recommended they sell it and look for a classic Jap bike which you just cannot go wrong with.

I do not like seeing people get ripped off life is hard enough without you throwing everything you have at this stuff hoping to get out there ride with your mates and enjoy the open spaces only to have it sit in your garden or garage because it's THAT BAD you can't afford to fix it "or realizing that paying to have it fixed would just be a fools errand...here endeth the opinion based on years of experience AND Fact.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:45 PM

Now, getting back to the thread in question, I just so happen to have a left side fairing / engine fairing of a 93 F2 it's basically ok but the decals have lifted and it looks a mess but the fairing itself appears good. If it's of any interest I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them up.

Quick Reply: Looking for a set of fairings for an F2