Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

washing the cbr

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 04:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default washing the cbr

it usually takes me at least an hour to clean the cbr. I use a
pressure washer adjusted to low pressure to wet the bike (using a liquid cleaner as well). Then use a sponge and
bucket to go through every single spot on the bike and then use the washer again to
rinse the thing. The most time consuming phase is the final one. Wipe the water off every spot and
lube the chain... It takes absolutely ages..
Does anyone have a faster way of doing it?

Old 12-15-2005, 06:28 AM
Default RE: washing the cbr

hair dryer?

Old 12-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Retired Administrator

I use my hose with normal pressure alone, without a nozzle. We don't need much pressure to clean them and I don't want the extra pressure doing any damage. So I just let the water run over the bike, seems to work better for me. Then I take it for a quick spin around the block to warm up and shake off excess water. A nice shammy cloth to dry off any wet spot and then the DuPont spray on wax.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

I use my hose with normal pressure alone, without a nozzle. We don't need much pressure to clean them and I don't want the extra pressure doing any damage. So I just let the water run over the bike, seems to work better for me. Then I take it for a quick spin around the block to warm up and shake off excess water. A nice shammy cloth to dry off any wet spot and then the DuPont spray on wax.
nice...this sounds like an easier procedure... Are you sure its ok to start the engine while some of the connectors may be wet? I thought I should wait till it is all dry.. hmm..
Is this spray for plastic, metal or both?

Old 12-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Retired Mod

doesn't anyone else ride through the automatic car wash??? lol. i wash it and ride-dry it too. then detail with the spray wax. i dont worry about the connections being wet. otherwise there would be a HUGE disclaimer that came with the bike warning about electrical problems when riding in the rain, and i didn't get one of those. i do try and avoid spraying directly onto electrical components, but they get wet anyway. no problems so far.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Retired Administrator

I don't baby the bike at all... I ride in all weather. I don't sweat rain getting on anything. It's just the high pressure I worry about spraying into cracks. There is nothing you have to worry about being wet while starting the bike. I just make sure the engine is cool so I'm not spying ice-cold water on my 200+ degree aluminum and warping it.

The spray wax is good for anything plastic or paint. I hear great things about Honda Spray, but have yet to try it.

Old 12-15-2005, 02:21 PM

I normally do the same as you described Jimmy, then i start it and warm it up before i dry it off, if you decide to go for a ride straight away be aware of wet brake pads ect the first time you pull the lever.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:30 PM

I do the same as all of you except the drying part. I fire up the leaf blower and blow dry it. All the water that I cannot reach with a towell is swept away by the air of the blower. So Now I just use the blower and leave the towells in the house.

Be aware that sometimes the gas leaf blowers will **** off the neighbors! HAHA!

Old 12-19-2005, 05:12 AM
L8X

damn, all i use it honda clean

Old 12-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: L8X

damn, all i use it honda clean
Do you ride in the rain?