Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best QUICKIE...car wash...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best QUICKIE...car wash...

I'll stick with breeze and dragon on the non squidish detailing. I guess being owned means having common sense these days.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Triax

I'll stick with breeze and dragon on the non squidish detailing. I guess being owned means having common sense these days.
Thank you Triax and christhek.Why is it always the noobs on the forumthat havethis skewed sense of what being owned is.To all you noobies out there,I highly recommend you try the washing methods mentioned above. That wet tire lookis awesome too, sodon't forget to use Armour All on yourtiresafter you wash your biketo keep your tires looking nice and shiny while youSQUID away.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:10 AM

Honda Brite- Spray on, wash off, wipe dry. The best "quickie" wash ever!

You wont make yourself look like a retard bouncing on your bike or doing figure eights on "clean" pavement. Truthfully how many hot chicks go to car washes like that on a regular bases.

I'll take the 10 minutes to wash it at home, rather thenlooking retarded at a car wash.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:14 AM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

Thank you Triax and christhek.Why is it always the noobs on the forumthat havethis skewed sense of what being owned is.To all you noobies out there,I highly recommend you try the washing methods mentioned above. That wet tire lookis awesome too, sodon't forget to use Armour All on yourtiresafter you wash your biketo keep your tires looking nice and shiny while youSQUID away.
Now i'm not looking to start any trouble or anything with you but i wanted to mention a few things.
Why does someone always have to come around with the played out, overused "squid" term. When you put your input in about every step, and over-exagerated every step that he said.

3. Sportbike shocks and springs and forks take 10 thousand times the abuse just riding down the road than just boucing up and down on them.
+1

4. No water marks...repeat NO WATER MARKS. I was just looking right at it..
+1

5. Slow figure 8's around a BIG parking lot.
Come on now, you know what he meant, hes not going to be doing 100mph figure 8's

Again, just like you said, I'm not trying to flame you but it did seem like to me that you were trying to flame bmg velocity or it seemed like you just enjoy trying to use the "squid" term. To me it seemed like you exagerated on alot of things he said. The only thing I really disagree with him about is the wheelie in the end because the tire is still going to be a little wet and maybe some people wouldnt be able to control the wheelie.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bmg, yup...Drag25 is right!!!! There is really very little good, in use'n a car wash... the preasure is death, in every insidious way... wheel bearings, head stocks, cables chains, swing arm bearings,calipers, shock, forks... 1200lbs+ preasure???? Try under your finger nails!!!!! how do you think your seals react????This bike cleaning technique, has been advised against for over 25yrs, by many (in the know!!!) No thanks. Free and clean, Ripp'n

Old 03-20-2007, 06:04 PM

I washed my bike last night with some good old soap, water, and quick detailer. I have to say looks damn nice and no streaks,(trust me i'm looking right at it[sm=massbounce.gif]), no bouncing, running of the bike, wheelies, or any other squidtastic events happening.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: yubraggin

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

Meguiars Quik Mist Detailer and/or Honda Polish, Waterless Dri Wash & Mothers wheel cleaner
Time: A few minutes
Cost: approx. 50ยข per wash
No bouncy/figure8/wheelies required

yeah but no girls washin there boyfriends kia either..

with age you learn to appreciate milf's washing hubby's bmw in driveways just as much.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:39 AM

ORIGINAL: anthonymartin

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

Now i'm not looking to start any trouble or anything with you but i wanted to mention a few things.
Why does someone always have to come around with the played out, overused "squid" term. When you put your input in about every step, and over-exagerated every step that he said.

3. Sportbike shocks and springs and forks take 10 thousand times the abuse just riding down the road than just boucing up and down on them.
+1

4. No water marks...repeat NO WATER MARKS. I was just looking right at it..
+1

5. Slow figure 8's around a BIG parking lot.
Come on now, you know what he meant, hes not going to be doing 100mph figure 8's

Again, just like you said, I'm not trying to flame you but it did seem like to me that you were trying to flame bmg velocity or it seemed like you just enjoy trying to use the "squid" term. To me it seemed like you exagerated on alot of things he said. The only thing I really disagree with him about is the wheelie in the end because the tire is still going to be a little wet and maybe some people wouldnt be able to control the wheelie.

I was bored...had forgotten alll about this thread...

There was one guy here apparently who got the joking nature that was intended in the post I made.

Yeah...I actually did it...

Do I think it is the ultimate way to wash a bike...detail it to perfection?

Of course not...

Thanks anthony...

To the jerks...friggin **** retentives...

Old 05-01-2007, 08:15 PM

Honda polish and microfiber wipe down afterwards...

I'm sure everybody has their "own" way of cleaning his or her bike, and as long as it looks good in the end it doesn't really matter how you got there. Like somebody said before, this is WASHING A BIKE!!! Not a detailed description on how to reconnect the flux capacitor when you have to readjust its molecular structure from fueling up with a bad banana peel. If one way works for one guy, great. If it doesn't work for you, too bad. Try another method. I think everybody's just trying to put in their own two cents about his best practice, but don't knock another's advice when it's given.

Does anybody know if the Meguiar's spray on quick detailer harms the OE paint/decals?

Old 05-03-2007, 11:47 PM

If it is infact intended for motorcycle detail, it should not damage the decals or paint. 99% of the body polish spays that are sold at bike shops are safe on vinyl decals and paint. The best thing to do is read the back just to stay on the safeside. Using these polishes for detailing is very safe and has been a successful way for many years without having to bounce, do figure 8's or do wheelies. Oh, and I have yet to see a chic washin her dudes car if he has spinner caps.

Quick Reply: Best QUICKIE...car wash...