Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best QUICKIE...car wash...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best QUICKIE...car wash...

1. Find a good clean car wash that really does have spot free rinse. Alot of them say they have it...very few do.

2. Put your quarters in...and on full rinse...but using the variable speed trigger on the hose nozzle...lightly spray the engine area...the cockpit...don't spray...up the tailpipe...and use the light spray for any electrical heavy areas.

3. Use the hard rinse on the rims....around the swingarm and chain area where grime collects...

4. Turn the machine on spot free rinse, (which is very low pressure as well)...and from top of the bike to bottom....slowly sweep down the bike....washing any remaning dirt down OFF the bike and ON TO the ground.

5. Don't touch anything but the seat...no towels...chamois....nada. Just dry off the seat as best you can with your hand.

6. Start the bike and let the engine warm up and begin to evaporate any water in and around the fairng/engine compartment.

7. Get on the bike and with the front brake locked...bouce up and down on the bike. (You may get a few whistles from some girls washing their boyfriend's Kia spinner kit..so be prepard)

After letting the engine run for a good 10 minutes...again get on the bike and bounce-shake all the water to the bottom of the fairing.

8. Put your helmet...gloves on after letting some of the other bits dry in the sun and wind...you should be outside the wash bay after you stop using water.

9. Get on the bike...and do some figure 8's around the parking lot...the clean parking lot...to dry the tires real well...

10. After a few passes....bring in the clutch...rev to about 8 grand and dump it...the wheelie(s) will let all the shaken water fall out the back of the fairing lower...and you'll look cool doing a wheelie outta the parking lot.

Total time: 15 minutes

Total cost: $4.50

Old 03-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Default RE: Best QUICKIE...car wash...

excellent write up

Old 03-10-2007, 04:27 AM

[sm=badidea.gif] Sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree with almost everything you've recommended.

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity
3. Use the hard rinse on the rims....around the swingarm and chain area where grime collects...
You DO NOT want to spray hard on the chain. You might damage the seals which leads topremature wear, and not to mention you can cause rusting.

5. Don't touch anything but the seat...no towels...chamois....nada. Just dry off the seat as best you can with your hand.
WHAT!? Why would you not want a dry seat? Remember your battery is right underneath, and it doesn't take much for water to seep down and get to it. And again if you leave water on it for too long, the vinyl could get damaged.

6. Start the bike and let the engine warm up and begin to evaporate any water in and around the fairng/engine compartment.
Spot free car wash or not, if you don't wipe down properly you're gonna get streaks and water marks if you justt let it dry, especially if you let the water "evaporate" from the heat of the engine.

7. Get on the bike and with the front brake locked...bouce up and down on the bike. (You may get a few whistles from some girls washing their boyfriend's Kia spinner kit..so be prepard)

After letting the engine run for a good 10 minutes...again get on the bike and bounce-shake all the water to the bottom of the fairing.
This just doesn't make sense and the thought of it is just gay. You want to wear out your shocks to "shake" water off your bike? How hard are you bouncing on you bike to actually get anything worthwhile off?

8. Put your helmet...gloves on after letting some of the other bits dry in the sun and wind...you should be outside the wash bay after you stop using water.
Again water marks and spots, spot free rinse or not.

9. Get on the bike...and do some figure 8's around the parking lot...the clean parking lot...to dry the tires real well...
Figure 8s with wet tires...[sm=insomnia.gif]

10. After a few passes....bring in the clutch...rev to about 8 grand and dump it...the wheelie(s) will let all the shaken water fall out the back of the fairing lower...and you'll look cool doing a wheelie outta the parking lot.
This is just asquid move. Not trying to flame, I would not use any of your methods or recommend them to anyone.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:31 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meguiars Quik Mist Detailer and/or Honda Polish, Waterless Dri Wash & Mothers wheel cleaner
Time: A few minutes
Cost: approx. 50ยข per wash
No bouncy/figure8/wheelies required

Old 03-11-2007, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

[sm=badidea.gif] Sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree with almost everything you've recommended.

You DO NOT want to spray hard on the chain. You might damage the seals which leads topremature wear, and not to mention you can cause rusting.

WHAT!? Why would you not want a dry seat? Remember your battery is right underneath, and it doesn't take much for water to seep down and get to it. And again if you leave water on it for too long, the vinyl could get damaged.

Spot free car wash or not, if you don't wipe down properly you're gonna get streaks and water marks if you justt let it dry, especially if you let the water "evaporate" from the heat of the engine.

This just doesn't make sense and the thought of it is just gay. You want to wear out your shocks to "shake" water off your bike? How hard are you bouncing on you bike to actually get anything worthwhile off?

This is just asquid move. Not trying to flame, I would not use any of your methods or recommend them to anyone.

1. Never said I sprayed the chain hard...use a little imagination..and control.

2.Not wanting to carry any kind of drying cloths...microfibers...whatever...this is a QUICKIE wash...not a planned trip to the laundry.

3. Sportbike shocks and springs and forks take 10 thousand times the abuse just riding down the road than just boucing up and down on them.

4. No water marks...repeat NO WATER MARKS. I was just looking right at it..

Were you?

No.

Like I said...you have to get lucky and find a car wash that really has SPOT FREE rinse.

The town I live in does not have much....but it does have this.

Admittedly....I don't know of another public wash that does personally.

But it is..spot frree...even the mirrors.

5. Slow figure 8's around a BIG parking lot.

Learn to ride I guess....

I didnt ask for a recommend...so no problem.

And get a sense of humor...?

Old 03-19-2007, 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

1. Never said I sprayed the chain hard...use a little imagination..and control.

2.Not wanting to carry any kind of drying cloths...microfibers...whatever...this is a QUICKIE wash...not a planned trip to the laundry.

3. Sportbike shocks and springs and forks take 10 thousand times the abuse just riding down the road than just boucing up and down on them.

4. No water marks...repeat NO WATER MARKS. I was just looking right at it..

Were you?

No.

Like I said...you have to get lucky and find a car wash that really has SPOT FREE rinse.

The town I live in does not have much....but it does have this.

Admittedly....I don't know of another public wash that does personally.

But it is..spot frree...even the mirrors.

5. Slow figure 8's around a BIG parking lot.

Learn to ride I guess....

I didnt ask for a recommend...so no problem.

And get a sense of humor...?
LOL.....owned?

Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 AM

Old 03-19-2007, 05:12 AM

+1 on the owned

Old 03-19-2007, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

Meguiars Quik Mist Detailer and/or Honda Polish, Waterless Dri Wash & Mothers wheel cleaner
Time: A few minutes
Cost: approx. 50ยข per wash
No bouncy/figure8/wheelies required

yeah but no girls washin there boyfriends kia either..

Old 03-19-2007, 01:10 PM

Sounds like a long and expensive process for a quickie wash. Not to mention looking silly in the process. Why don't you just use a hose and then dry it in your own driveway, garage, parking lot etc? Or use the honda polish? You've already spent more time and money than needed. Driving to the car wash (and finding one with a true spot free rinse, never found a real one), putting $4.50 in the machine, spraying, spraying again, running the engine for 10 min, bouncing around, riding around, and then riding away. I use honda polish and have the whole thing done in a few minutes or if I do use the hose and a towel it takes just a couple minutes longer and then dry it appropriately. Seems kind of silly anyway to explain to someone how to wash their bike. Not like we are talking about maintenance here (oil changes, tire changes etc). Washing should be a relatively easy transaction.

Quick Reply: Best QUICKIE...car wash...