Anyone have a 94 frame with clean title?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a 94 frame with clean title?

I just purchased a 94 CBR 1000F, which was a barn find. There are only 6400 miles on it, and I've got the motor running already. The thing is, the guy can't find the title for the bike, so we had the sale notorized, but I have no clue what to do for a title. I was just going to reframe it...

I'm in Pennsylvania...anyone know anything about obtaining titles also?

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 AM

If the system is anything like the UK the only way is through the licencing office.

The seller writes to the licencing office saying he sold the bike to you and giving enough detail for a positive bike identification.

You write to the licencing office telling them you bought the bike from the seller and give the same identifying details.

It's in the interests of the licencing office to know who owns / keeps the bike so it should be free of charge

Old 05-12-2009, 06:02 PM

here in CT we need titles for bikes newer than 1980...if the seller has lost the title then he will need to apply for a new one from the DMV...you could also do a title search to prove that it was his and then apply for a new title with his bill of sale...but they may not accept it (depends on the state)...I know the PA requires titles for that year. Its a hassle and a half, but it can be worth it...either way you need one for PA. the title search only shows a list of the previous owners and addresses...its info so you can find them and have them fill out the forms for a lost title...which will be mailed to them and then they can properly sell it to you.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:34 AM

Thanks for the info! Perfect...