CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR of the Month (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month-39/)
-   -   video ROTM? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month-39/video-rotm-51578/)

f3racer 10-09-2007 12:36 PM

video ROTM?

is there a way to do a video for ride of the month? or at the end of the year when you do ride of the year. all the rides of the month have to submit a small 1 min video of their bike.

HAVOC 10-09-2007 12:53 PM

RE: video ROTM?

you could take a video and host it through youtube, photobucket , myspace ..etc and link it here buta contestant would still needto qualify to be eligable (for exampletheir gallery here on the forums)

im sure it wouldnt hurt but i dont think it will become the standard .. good idea though

f3racer 10-09-2007 01:02 PM

thanks, maybe ill try it when i get back.

Blue Fox 10-09-2007 03:16 PM

To do this, all we would need to do is have someone that has some kick ass video editing skills (*ahem) and have all the ROTM people send in video clips of their bikes, then that kick-ass video editor (*ahem*ahem) could put them all together using music and graphics and whatnot. Then at the end of the year, the video would be released for all to see.

I think that would be a great idea, granted we get someone that knows what they're doing with video editing so it looks the part.

Wildcat 10-09-2007 11:57 PM

Hmmm......if only we had someone here whose apartment looked like a studio at Industrial Light and Magic.... [sm=rolleyes.gif]

f3racer 10-10-2007 12:12 AM

well what i was thinking is that you do your own video and post it here. then everyone can view the vid and vote for ROTY.

ChrisMcD 10-10-2007 12:44 AM

Both ideas are great...I like them, the video for voting although my suggestion for that would be to host the vid on youtube or somewhere and put a link in the voting thread if you are a nom and tell everyone it's a link to a video of your bike. The basics of a pic for everyone is still needed for the poll thread but a vid would set you apart. And as for the end of the year vid of all the ROTM winners I like alot too! If we only had someone with any of those graphic skills....hmmmmm.....foxy maybe you and I could have a brain storm session and think of someone? It would be cool to go along with the year end calendar too. which I am still accepting submissions from members for each month if someone wanted their work in the calendar otherwise it will be just me and foxy putting it together this year, that is if your still interested in helping out foxy...?

Blue Fox 10-10-2007 01:51 AM

^^ Who is this "foxy" I keep hearing of? Is she pretty? :D:D:D

I would love to help out with the calendar stuff, and video stuff, and website stuff..........and stuff. Oh, and by the way, I PM'ed you a picture of a banner idea I had for the site a while back, but you never called me back that one night, so I figured we weren't on speaking terms. :D:D:D KIDDING! I'm not Tahoe.

ChrisMcD 10-10-2007 09:21 PM

no worries, we are still good. ;) I sent the banner idea to the art dept and they are keeping it on file, it's ultimatly their call. As for me being absent for awhile I am in the middle of bringing a little knee dragger into this big bad world....its been busy for me.....but great fun!!

rrasco 10-11-2007 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

To do this, all we would need to do is have someone that has some kick ass video editing skills (*ahem) and have all the ROTM people send in video clips of their bikes, then that kick-ass video editor (*ahem*ahem) could put them all together using music and graphics and whatnot. Then at the end of the year, the video would be released for all to see.

I think that would be a great idea, granted we get someone that knows what they're doing with video editing so it looks the part.
What is it boy? Trouble at the old mill? Show me where!