CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR of the Month (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month-39/)
-   -   OFFICIAL December ROTM Vote thread - last one for 2009!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month-39/official-december-rotm-vote-thread-last-one-2009-a-104026/)

Sprock 12-18-2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Krux (Post 866880)
Oh believe me I knew I was going to lose.
If anything I was just trying to give ya guy's crap ;). Yet it's hard to show that through the internet.

Ya know what .............in the grand scheme of things.............sharing a
passionate interest in CBR's and bikes in general.........it's what brings us
all here ..........all of us...... that's what it's about. Giving some crap
well .......makes the things all the more lively and entertaining.

chainstretcher 12-19-2009 02:42 PM

Just a reminder, only 1 vote per IP please ... when I start seeing multiple votes with the same IP it makes me go, hmmmmmmmm :icon_denk:

CBRclassic 12-19-2009 03:14 PM

multiple votes with the same IP it makes me go, hmmmmmmmm :icon_denk:
What ? !!!! :icon_hyper:
Gregg ... do we have a scally wag in our midst ?????

CBRclassic 12-19-2009 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by JHouse (Post 867173)
Wait a ho there. My son is home for Christmas and he has his own account, and yes he signed on to my computer to vote and post, but that ain't no skulduggery. If it is somehow strictly against the rules I'm sure I can fix that. We have about 5 computers, he could easily have voted from another. Sheesh.

Yup ...I understand your particular situation with your son and as far as I am concerned he is a stand alone individual registered CBR Owner and member here , so its good with me mate ...:icon_wink:
I know he is TOTALLY legit !!!
Was your sons vote deleted or left ..????

What I would like now from me old mate the Stretcherman , is a list of the votes PMed to me so I can check the IP's for proxy server votes ... ???
ANY vote coming off Proxy servers WILL be deleted if I have my way ...

Om getting a strange odor of fish drifting by ...

Sprock 12-19-2009 05:04 PM

only Mods
and hopefuls allowed in here..........LOL

CBRclassic 12-19-2009 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock (Post 867183)
Well both you and JHouse will have you posts zapped ......only Mods
and hopefuls allowed in here..........LOL

Move them both to our Hurricane Campaign thread Mark ... :icon_wink:

Shadow 12-19-2009 07:03 PM

In fairness, Joe's son has a 1000F too.........................

rsp919 12-19-2009 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic (Post 867175)

What I would like now from me old mate the Stretcherman , is a list of the votes PMed to me so I can check the IP's for proxy server votes ... ???
ANY vote coming off Proxy servers WILL be deleted if I have my way ...

Om getting a strange odor of fish drifting by ...

I don't know what a proxy server is but I agree they need to be deleted. I also think any vote that comes from a new member(new being registered this month) or any votes from members with less than say 10 post. I think this would keep people from going outside the forum just to get votes for a botm competition. I remember last years roty had an untold number of new members with 1 post voting. Very fishy to me. It's pretty ridiculous to have a coworker, family member, or friend sign up just to vote for you when they care or know nothing about bikes. On another forum last year a guy got everyone in his office building to sign up and vote and it got him a lifetime membership to banned camp. If someone has to go to these measures to win and pump their ego that is pretty sad.

CBRclassic 12-19-2009 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by rsp919 (Post 867231)
I don't know what a proxy server is but I agree they need to be deleted. I also think any vote that comes from a new member(new being registered this month) or any votes from members with less than say 10 post. I think this would keep people from going outside the forum just to get votes for a botm competition. I remember last years roty had an untold number of new members with 1 post voting. Very fishy to me. It's pretty ridiculous to have a coworker, family member, or friend sign up just to vote for you when they care or know nothing about bikes. On another forum last year a guy got everyone in his office building to sign up and vote and it got him a lifetime membership to banned camp. If someone has to go to these measures to win and pump their ego that is pretty sad.

Yer yu prolly right and I don't think that has happen as yet ...unlike some forums we monitor ALL new member registrations for ding dongs and manually approve them or not .... and we do keep IP records to check , so they are pretty good too ... and I think moaning on other CBR forums to perhaps solicit a few vote's is a touch lame too , dont you think ??

chainstretcher 12-20-2009 12:29 AM

I don't think for a second that anything fishy was going on. But doing my routine IP checks I did notice an irregularity. Have spoken with the staff and notified the affected party. Hopefully all will be well and we'll hit 200 votes by the end of this month. And that's what it's all about to me ... showing off your rides to everyone on the net :D

Good luck to you guys!