CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR of the Month (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month-39/)
-   -   July 2014 CBR of the month voting thread (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month-39/july-2014-cbr-month-voting-thread-152389/)

74demon 07-16-2014 09:26 AM

July 2014 CBR of the month voting thread

3 Attachment(s)
This is the voting thread for CBR of the month, July 2014.

Voting period will last 7 days. Get your vote in!!!!!

Everyone can vote in the poll, but only contestants and staff are allowed to post on this thread. Posts made here by anyone else, will be deleted.

Contestants are encouraged to put up pictures and write-ups of their bike here.

Please do not pimp votes in the new member area. The off topic and other bike forums are the more appropriate places for it. However, a mention to vote in your signature line is permitted anywhere on the forum.

Only 1 vote per member is allowed. Vote whoring will be considered cheating. Anyone caught cheating will be banned for life....

Good luck to all of the contestants!

Here are the the nominees:

Bugkiller (shown here with butcherspencil)

Attachment 28806

Kiwi born

Attachment 28807

Butcherspencil (shown here without Bugkiller)

Attachment 28808

If anyone wants a different picture here, PM me.

Kiwi born 07-17-2014 03:25 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Winter proper here in NZ so have to use a few pics from a month or so ago.
Suits well with the red white and blue theme and I'm ok with that as our flag is also red white and blue but we have about 46 less stars on it :)
93 F2 sporting her original colours and stickers which have survived the test of time and a few added here and there. All pretty much factory and I was lucky enough to get all the receipts for on the dot service history from previous 2 owners. I'm the 3rd and have kept all my receipts to ad to her C.V per say.
I've added the RK chain and sprockets, alls balls and some triple tree bearings and factory honda wheel bearings which has improved the overal feel of the bike.
Purchased with full intention to chop her up a bit and spray her in dark blue and silver wings, chrome wheels etc but at her first track day had to many comments on her original tidiness to warrant sanding her down and spraying her.
Mite still do it one day but for now I'm happy :)
That's enough from me.. Here's the bike

Attachment 28801

Attachment 28802

Attachment 28803

Attachment 28804

Attachment 28805

So that's her..
If you like her then I'd appreciate your vote :)
KB

Bugkiller 07-17-2014 05:44 AM

Please vote for my '98 blade

5 Attachment(s)
Seems odd to be running for ROTM after voting for others for so long. Anyway, here is my 1998 CBR919 Blade which I bought about 4 weeks ago. I have added about 1000 miles to it since then so it now has 25,000 miles in total. Extras that have been fitted are full Yoshimura system, wavy discs, braided lines, double bubble screen. Apart from that it is completely stock.

I would really appreciate your vote.
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/...03841737_n.jpg

74demon 07-17-2014 06:59 AM

Here's how to post full size photos:
Gat a Photobucket account (free) and upload you pic there. (Click upload and drag and drop it into the box.)
Next, open the pic in Photobucket. There will be a box on the right side of the page with a list of links.
Then, click on the link labled IMG code.(usually the bottom one of the 4). It will be copied.
Finally go to your post and paste it there.
Done.

Now, your bike is not a 929. They didn't come out until 2000, and it was fuel injected. In 98 they were still on the 900 platform, but called it a 919.

Bugkiller 07-17-2014 08:19 AM

ROTM photo

Originally Posted by 74demon (Post 1277451)
Here's how to post full size photos:
Gat a Photobucket account (free) and upload you pic there. (Click upload and drag and drop it into the box.)
Next, open the pic in Photobucket. There will be a box on the right side of the page with a list of links.
Then, click on the link labled IMG code.(usually the bottom one of the 4). It will be copied.
Finally go to your post and paste it there.
Done.

Now, your bike is not a 929. They didn't come out until 2000, and it was fuel injected. In 98 they were still on the 900 platform, but called it a 919.

Thanks 74demon, I had the photobucket account but couldn't figure out the link. I had updated the bike to a 918 as soon as I realised it was wrong (oops) but you obviously got to see the unedited version. Hoping the photo improves my chances

Bugkiller 07-17-2014 02:27 PM

Another photo of the Blade

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/...32589303_n.jpg

Kiwi born 07-20-2014 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lost the muffler and passenger set up today. Looks a lot cleaner in the black now :)

Attachment 28774

Bugkiller 07-20-2014 07:16 PM

The Blade has been at a Bike Show

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 28769

My Blade has been on show at Billing Bike Bash this weekend. It was playing nice with all the lesser bikes. Had a bit of a hooligan moment and tried the 'Loudest bike' challenge. It managed 115db whereas the winner (on open pipes) had 124db

Kiwi born 07-21-2014 12:40 AM

Open drop pipe

Took a quick vid at lunch time. Gives the general idea

Bugkiller 07-23-2014 10:28 AM

Will give it a treat

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 28759

Looks like I might win ROTM so going to give it a treat this weekend as I have been working away from home all week. Not sure what yet but a bit of pampering will be in order.