CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

What a wild and crazy ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What a wild and crazy ride

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

ok since this is a thread to let it all out..... if u cant do a 3rd gear wheelie on stock gearin on the 954 then ur wheelie experience is trash, on my stock gearin and my stock 954wit slip on pipe i dont have any problem "SCHOOLING" some of u rookies on the wheelie game. and yea i said schooling cuz if u want a highchair u can get it, if u want a flamingo u can get that too,if u want miles of wheelies i can do that.and second for all the idiots (if the shoe fits then walk in it) that think 190 is impossible u need to read more into what can be done to improve top end. i still dont understand why im wasting my time wit this thread, i shouldnt be wasting my time here while a few people here are tryna add to there post count.
+1 on the wheelies and on the high speed

Old 07-25-2007, 02:30 AM

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

ok since this is a thread to let it all out..... if u cant do a 3rd gear wheelie on stock gearin on the 954 then ur wheelie experience is trash, on my stock gearin and my stock 954wit slip on pipe i dont have any problem "SCHOOLING" some of u rookies on the wheelie game. and yea i said schooling cuz if u want a highchair u can get it, if u want a flamingo u can get that too,if u want miles of wheelies i can do that.and second for all the idiots (if the shoe fits then walk in it) that think 190 is impossible u need to read more into what can be done to improve top end. i still dont understand why im wasting my time wit this thread, i shouldnt be wasting my time here while a few people here are tryna add to there post count.
Your one to talk with a slip on. I have a full erior racing exhaust. IT DOES NOT ADD 50 HP, nor does your slip on.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:28 AM

joey you did 200mph not in third but in neutral yeah i know it because i was your pillion

Old 07-25-2007, 03:25 PM

never said i did 200 but you can go ahead and keep haten...

Old 07-25-2007, 04:51 PM

wow...is it me, or is it hot in here. hey pimp...i dont do weelies, so cant comment on them, but was just wondering how would one get up in third? red line, and dump, or what? i may catch crap for this, but whatever. i dont really have the sack to go ripping weelies...ill ride as fast as i can go, but perfer it on 2 wheels.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Well im no pimp but i will answer ya beck. 3rd gear sitdown i accelerate hard till i guess about 6kish rpm, slip the clutch, whack the hammer and up it comes. Standups i cruise up to 5-6kish again, bounce, slip clutch, and a decent amount of throttle and comes right up. Still on stock gears so i guess that makes it about 75-80 mph or so, i dont really look at gauges, just listen to bike. I'm sure Bobjoe could confirm that im fairly accurate on speed and rpm's as i have seen him do it plenty.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Well im no pimp but i will answer ya beck. 3rd gear sitdown i accelerate hard till i guess about 6kish rpm, slip the clutch, whack the hammer and up it comes. Standups i cruise up to 5-6kish again, bounce, slip clutch, and a decent amount of throttle and comes right up. Still on stock gears so i guess that makes it about 75-80 mph or so, i dont really look at gauges, just listen to bike. I'm sure Bobjoe could confirm that im fairly accurate on speed and rpm's as i have seen him do it plenty.
sounds correct to me, after a while you will get a feel./sound for the bike at the right time to do it, i know exactly what you are talking about TK

Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 PM

i guess im just worried about droping my bike. i dont want to scratch my chrome. im gonna have to get a beater bike to learn on. thanks for the info!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

You wont "drop" your bike in a 2nd or 3rd gear wheelie, you will need a new bike

Old 07-26-2007, 02:33 AM

look alot of people have problems bringin there bike up in higher gears, and no this is not a shout out to tk but i have seen plenty of people slip there clutch when tryin to learn higher gear wheelies wit no success. first off u should be using a max of one finger to "pop" ur clutch. if u want to get serious in doin wheelies ur clutch should be adjusted as 2 where u slightly disengage the clutch when pullin wit one finger. u dont need to grab a hand full of clutch, just enough to disengage to allow u to bring the rpms way up while not accelerating off of that hand full of throttle. like tk stated before the easiest way is to shift into 3rd and accelerate hard till about 6 or 7k's, release the throttle so the front end drops, grab that clutch wit one finger while givin it a hand full of throttle, then release the clutch so that ur finger is locked out and the spring snaps the clutch back. and yea at 3rd gear stock gearin wheelie speeds u'd be pretty luck not to have to replace the bike, i dropped mine at about 60mph in second and only broke the stator cover, road rash on the tail section and on the gas tank. also i broke the front fairin, but she wasnt to bad off. oh yeah and dont do wheelies if u dont wanna drop the bike cuz i thought i wasnt gonna since i had been doin it for 3 years then one day...crash crash bang crash

Quick Reply: What a wild and crazy ride