CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

WHat should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHat should I do?

Gonna rebuild the 954rr AGAIN.....Plastics will cost about $2k without a tank. I can repaint my tank or buy another OEM tank, IF i find one to match the plastics (dunno the cost on that).....All in all, im wodering is the bike worth rebuilding (though it justs need plastics). Or should i just sell it for a little bit of nothing and just go buy another one.......Really dunno what i should do, but i dont think plastics are worth $2k..........Also, IF i sell it, i dont know what to ask for it. I know it'll need plastics, but dunno what it would be worth without plastics........Any ideas?....=-)

Someone said $4500 without the plastics.....And im not gonna say who it was. But to me that price is CRAZY!!!!.....=-)

Old 02-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Default RE: WHat should I do?

Thats a good price, but you can always buy those fairings made in china for like 400.00 bucks off of ebay. There are several members on the forum that have bought from them and could tell you more about them.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:09 AM

Yeah, check out those on ebay... if anyone that has them can pipe up and tell what they're like it would be awesome.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:31 AM

you don't know anyone working at a dealership? Or pitch a few bucks working at one to buy you plastic's at their cost? Always good to have contacts to someone working at a place where they get discounts for what you ride

Old 02-18-2008, 06:24 AM
VP

I can't freakin find it right now but somebody will have a link

these guys called "auctworks" (something very close to that) sell some good fiberglass fairings and have great customer service too

Old 02-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why are you rebuilding..

Old 02-18-2008, 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

these guys called "auctworks" (something very close to that) sell some good fiberglass fairings and have great customer service too
You mean AuctMarts......And no i will NOT deal with them. I'm not going to bad mouth anyone on here. But lets just say i'll steer away from them for sure......Just trying to decide if its worth me rebuilding or if i should just sell it naked without plastics......For some reason i rebuild it every year and the bike has never been wrecked....Imagine that.....=-)

Old 02-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are you rebuilding... if you rebuild it every year and dont crash.. what the hell are you trying to do.. throw money out the window

Old 02-18-2008, 04:43 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: ReSpEcT

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

You mean AuctMarts......And no i will NOT deal with them. I'm not going to bad mouth anyone on here. But lets just say i'll steer away from them for sure......Just trying to decide if its worth me rebuilding or if i should just sell it naked without plastics......For some reason i rebuild it every year and the bike has never been wrecked....Imagine that.....=-)
hey fair enough man... sucks you had a bad experience I have definitely heard good things

Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I saw a store, i think on ebay, they sell a full set of race plastics, unpainted for like 500, then just find a tank and nose on ebay.