CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

TooBroke rebuild 954 thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by toobroke0029
i like the way it looks but i'm looking for a more permanent solution. I may do the frame to curb cost some. I really do love the textured look.
bedliner!

Old 05-02-2014, 06:01 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey no problem we are all in this together. I am definitely going this route until winter and I really don't think it will rub off the way you think. The guy who did his swingarm has had no problems. And also at $6 a can you really cant beat it for a temporary solution. I am doing my frame, subframe, and swingarm in plasti dip. I will then be doing my side covers and triples and some other misc parts in duplicolor high heat. And doing my rearsets and passenger sets in duplicolor high build fleet paint. It holds up real good and will not rub or flake off like plasti dip or the high heat.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by msebastianCBR
Hey no problem we are all in this together. I am definitely going this route until winter and I really don't think it will rub off the way you think. The guy who did his swingarm has had no problems. And also at $6 a can you really cant beat it for a temporary solution. I am doing my frame, subframe, and swingarm in plasti dip. I will then be doing my side covers and triples and some other misc parts in duplicolor high heat. And doing my rearsets and passenger sets in duplicolor high build fleet paint. It holds up real good and will not rub or flake off like plasti dip or the high heat.
Yeah - I'm looking at $600+ for all of the PC I need.

Or maybe $30 in plasti-dip.

Hmm......

Old 05-03-2014, 02:17 PM

Yeah but the quality of the product is much higher with PC. Never got your input on the color of the rims?

Old 05-03-2014, 06:08 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014

Originally Posted by TooBroke0029
Yeah but the quality of the product is much higher with PC. Never got your input on the color of the rims?
I believe we are both seeing the plastidip as a non permanent solution until we can save up for the PC'ing at least that is how I feel about it. I actually bought a couple cans tonight so I am going to do this soon. I think I am going to put the frame, subframe, and swing arm together and plastidip it all at the same time instead of doing it individually. Plus I am really only going to do the noticable areas. There is no reason coating everything when it wont even be seen.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:26 PM

For sure the quality is better. As for the color on the rims/calipers - white is going to be a pain to clean on the rims with the rotors on. Are the colors of the bike going to be only black and white?

I believe we are both seeing the plastidip as a non permanent solution until we can save up for the PC'ing at least that is how I feel about it. I actually bought a couple cans tonight so I am going to do this soon. I think I am going to put the frame, subframe, and swing arm together and plastidip it all at the same time instead of doing it individually. Plus I am really only going to do the noticable areas. There is no reason coating everything when it wont even be seen.
Exactly - I just don't want to wait until I have the money to PC in order to be able to ride it. I've even thought about just bed lining the tank and fairings for the time being too. That's another $15.... and I'd be set....

Or $300-400 in paint and $600 in PC'ng....

Old 05-04-2014, 10:01 AM

This is the fairing kit I ordered from auctmart. I have to paint the tank anyway and buy the correct decals. My other problem is I Dont know what set of decals that would be. As far as updates I had about an hour or two to get the spring removed from the rear shock Friday before I had to run two calls. Thanks for the input guys.

Attached Thumbnails TooBroke rebuild 954 thread-img_5875.jpg  
Old 05-04-2014, 03:55 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014

This is the fairing kit I ordered from auctmart. I have to paint the tank anyway and buy the correct decals. My other problem is I Dont know what set of decals that would be. As far as updates I had about an hour or two to get the spring removed from the rear shock Friday before I had to run two calls. Thanks for the input guys.
That is one of the fairing choices that I am looking into. I have only seen this kit on one other bike and that is T4RUSAF's bike and it looked incredible. Post pictures once it is installed. I may go repsol or even white repsol if I don't get this fairing set.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:56 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014

Originally Posted by Conrice
For sure the quality is better. As for the color on the rims/calipers - white is going to be a pain to clean on the rims with the rotors on. Are the colors of the bike going to be only black and white?

Exactly - I just don't want to wait until I have the money to PC in order to be able to ride it. I've even thought about just bed lining the tank and fairings for the time being too. That's another $15.... and I'd be set....

Or $300-400 in paint and $600 in PC'ng....
If you get everything painted before me let me know how it turned out. Maybe even post some pictures. I will do the same if I get mine painted before you do.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:08 PM

If you get everything painted before me let me know how it turned out. Maybe even post some pictures. I will do the same if I get mine painted before you do.
For sure I will. I don't know how long it'll be, but I'll let you know as soon as I get to it.

Nice fairing choice Broke. What's going on with the shock?

Quick Reply: TooBroke rebuild 954 thread