CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Todays DYNO Numbers at Dynojet

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 04:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Todays DYNO Numbers at Dynojet

Today Dusty at Dynojet Research in Vegas made my custom map and I just wanted to share my results with yall. My max horsepower run was 181.54 hpwith max torque of 97.20 ft/lbs. I am not unhappy with these numbers at all. My bike as tested is a 2003 954RR, Full Akropovich Race system, removed intake flapper, PCIIIUSB, Hub, O2 Sensor eliminator, pair valve blocked, and NOS Fogger System as far as engine mods. Without NOS my max horsepower was 141.08 hp with 69.32 ft/lbs torque. What do yall think of the numbers? By the way if anybody is close to the Vegas area, I can get you a custom map at Dynojet for $100. And Dusty does the mapping at the AMA races so he is just about the best. Laters...

Old 05-05-2007, 05:27 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Todays DYNO Numbers at Dynojet

sounds about right.. good numbers i had 137, but only had slip on and k&n with PCIII and custom map..

Old 05-05-2007, 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: bobjoezx

sounds about right.. good numbers i had 137, but only had slip on and k&n with PCIII and custom map..
bobjoe.. you have a PCIII with a custom tune??? I'm surprised!!!!
jk man.

The dyno numbers without NOS sound right. With, I have no idea. But that thing has got to haul @$$!!!! Can you wheelie in 6th?

Old 05-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, 6th gear and if i try 7th too

Old 05-05-2007, 06:25 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: bobjoezx

yes, 6th gear and if i try 7th too
lol wtf? is that actually a reverse wheelie?

Old 05-05-2007, 07:06 PM

wow 180 plus seems like overkill, but awesome. I wonder has anybody on here ever ported heads used hotter cams. I seems like with the right combo of things like that and a great tune you could get somewhere up there also.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:07 PM

I have to admit it is definitely a major rush the first couple of times I sprayed. So far the best launch has been rolling 3rd gear @7000 rpm. But it still pulls the front wheel but controllable. I race a 7/8 mile freeway roll every Sunday and I used to launch from 2nd gear @6000 RPM, but my gearing wont allow it anymore with the tuned NOS map. Apparently, I was running @ 30% too rich, so I could do 2nd gear launches. Now with the proper tuning, 2nd gear launches are vertical quicker than ****. I am going to step my gearing down a little to 3 up in the rear instead of the 5 up I'm at now. That should let me keep her down in second gear and leave me plenty of gear for thewhole 7/8 mile run. The best feeling is beating a GXSR 1000 by 3 bike lengths with a 954.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:11 PM

i have a few questions does the intake flap hurt you?

did you look into velocity stacks?

"pair valve blocked" whats that ?

Old 05-09-2007, 08:32 AM

Well I changed to stock gearing 16 frt 43 rear and I am able to launch from 2nd gear 60 mph around 6000 RPM while still controlling a full throttle punch. So Sunday looks real good for the races.

As far as darkness:

The intake flapper restricts air flow until @7000 RPM (I think) and then fully opens but still will block some flow just because its there. It has something to do with emissions and sound levels I think. But with a full exhaust system and a proper tuning it definitely helps to remove it. According to my dyno printout, I have no loss of power throughout the range with it removed. I never tested it with it on so I dont know what effect it would have with it on.

The pair valve is the solenoid with hoses running to the top of the head cover and a hose running to the air box. It lets fresh air into the exhaust to burn off any excess fuel. The only problem with it is it will throw off your air/fuel ratio and should be blocked when tuning to ensure a proper ratio. I have heard of block-off plates for the head cover, but I reconnected mine after the dyno because I'm not using any type of O2 sensor monitoring so I dont think it could hurt anything as far as power output.

I might be buying some of factory pro's velocity stacks. They are around $189. Erion velocity stacks are $400 but arent plastic like factory pros. Have you tried them? How are they for anybody who has them?

Laters

Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 AM

jhswain:

What NOS system are you using? And is a Power Com. the only fuel adder your using?

Are you still using a stock regulater, rail, and injectors?
I'm wanting to get a system asap, 180hp would put me "near" where I need to be, but +40 scares me a little bit. I've seen 50 something crash a cast piston badddd. I'm not sure how well the stock fibers and basket are going to hold up with this much either.

Quick Reply: Todays DYNO Numbers at Dynojet