CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Tire test for everyone

Old 09-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire test for everyone

Hey guys, I just thought I would let you guys know I just ordered a set of ContiSport Attack Radials. Nobody has given these guys any reviews. The net has a lot of good things to say about them. And I am also not one to just follow the lead without serious gut wrenching research. I also think some guys are not willing to be the guinea pig. So here I am. I should have them in a few days and start giving reviews. If this isn't wanted by you guys I will just stop writing and enjoy the money I saved.
Peace

Old 09-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Default RE: Tire test for everyone

How much did you pay for them? And do you have a link to where you bought them.... Im one of those people doing the research

Old 09-12-2006, 07:23 PM

I got them from ridegear.com i think I will make sure. I paid $219 and free shipping. I could not resist the tread pattern.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:25 PM

Whoops that was ridedirect.com sorry

Old 09-12-2006, 10:21 PM

Hey, I have had these tires on for about 3000 miles now, and LOVE them!! I will definitely buy another set. They stick like glue, but break when needed. Phenomenal in corners, I have 2 track days on this set and you can barely tell. I love the pattern.

Let me know what you think on your bike.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:04 AM

not in the market for tires yet but the thread pattern is off the hook depending on my fellow forum members reviews will definitely consider buying for my next set

Old 09-14-2006, 05:16 PM

I just got the tires in the mail. Ordered Monday night. Got them on Thursday. Basically 2 days. Good service. I will let everyone know when I get them on. It may take a while since it is my way to work every day.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:08 PM
NWA

I am waAaaaaay ready for set of tires. I am checking out the road attacks for mileage, can't wait to hear your review. Love the tread pattern!!

Old 09-17-2006, 10:20 PM
NWA

Here is a great review

http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews...oad-attack.php

Old 09-18-2006, 09:37 PM

Hey guys,
I got the tires on on Saturday. Got about 50 miles on them. I got squirrelly out of the parking lot in the first 50 feet. Most likely the tire preserve. The next day I took an on ramp 10 mph faster than my old tires and got within 3/4 of an inch from the edge. I have never had that much lean and so little drama. I hadnt even scrubbed the preserve lube crap off it yet. It felt like it wanted more. I haven't leaned the bike over like that in over a year and I have to say it felt much more natural on these tires. For comparison I had Michelin Pilot Sports on before with 5000 miles on them. I only changed them because I was getting some major cracks(dry rot) inside the tread and got kinda scared. Had plenty of tread left but I didnt want to push it. These tires look awesome. The road seems a little more choppy now but I believe I am just getting more feedback than I was getting with the old tires. These tires require more air pressure so they have a little rougher ride to get max tire results.

I will try and add more when I have a few more miles on them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire test for everyone