Old 02-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Recomended oil

pic a brand/weight/type and stick with it

Old 02-25-2007, 03:16 AM

a guy i used to ride with has over 60K on his z10r (04) and he uses valvoline dino oil 10/40. he gets his oil checked by blackstone labs regularly. they just said to change the oil aroud 3-4K, and other than that, the amount of trace materials present in the oil was normal. the only time it raised any flags was when he ran the K&N without any oil on there, which the results said...recommend using a better filter.

abadfish used mobile 1 15/50 (old red cap, now gold cap) and he got 67K out of his F3, no issues ever. there's a lot of 'crap' floating around about oils, etc...i would suggest trying everything out for yourself and come to your own conclusions. i was a hard head and never believed what anyone said...right or wrong...so i tested it all myself.

in my experience, if using regular dino car oil..swap it at most 3K....anything else, 4-5K.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after reading all this posted, I still havent gotten anything from it. Bobjoe, I bought my bike used, and dont know if he used reular, or synthetic. There is probably no way to find out either. In your opinion, which route should I take? Spending money for quality is reaonable for me.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

personally.. if it was my bike...i would drain the oil very well... and use a good oil filter and personally i use amsoil - 10w40...full synthetic...change every 3,000 miles oil and filter that is my OPINON and personally what i do to my bikes

Old 02-26-2007, 09:44 AM

mark21901,
I use Mobile 1 MX4T and have for about 7000 miles. Do you mean you notice less noise with Full Syn? I've got about 20,000 on my 02 954 and havn't had any problems. But, it is a Honda after all.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:13 PM

Has anyone used Mobil 1 then switch to another brand with positive results. I've been told by an automobile mechanic that all synthetic oils are the same... So be aware that that kind of advice is out there. I don't buy it. There's a very good oil test article in the October 2003 "Sport Rider" (i'm not a pack rat, really.)

Old 03-03-2007, 09:54 PM

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...intervals.html
this is in resonse to tahoe ae.. if you a moderater why are you such an a-hole
it took me less than 10 seconds on google to find this and im not even searching databases perhaps you should search before responding with such a lame post..
i stand corrected and if your wondering about the honda oil i was informed of that when talking to eastcoastpowersports in delaware one of the most competent bike shops on the east coast.. so wise up im not here to impress anyone with my knowledge or repute what you guys post unless your grossly mistaken.
Name:  l_a03d92d2ab13d6754094a3970064e270.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  59.1 KB

Old 03-03-2007, 10:13 PM

http://www.bmwmotorrad.co.za/bikes/w...right_oil.html
the next post about molybednum additives i must be right....

Old 03-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Banned

just need to clam down

Old 03-04-2007, 03:18 AM

ORIGINAL: mark21901

this is in resonse to tahoe ae.. if you a moderater why are you such an a-hole
why are you resorting to name calling? i simply asked you to back your claim and that was it.
obviously you have insecurities in your claim so you resort to name calling. good that you post pix of your bike...all that chrome, extended swinger...gee i can only imagine what it's used for. it really supports my hunch that you have no clue what you're talking about...and are just another poser. get a life....don't get upset when asked to back your claim.

most already know about moly additives leading to clutch slippage. i asked about moly causing premature clutch wear...i didn't read anywhere on your linked site about that. i think you should really learn your stuff before you start trying to 'teach'.
nice link to the fireblade forum of more 'opinions'.

ORIGINAL: mark21901
i stand corrected and if your wondering about the honda oil i was informed of that when talking to eastcoastpowersports in delaware one of the most competent bike shops on the east coast.. so wise up im not here to impress anyone with my knowledge or repute what you guys post unless your grossly mistaken.
so you just listen to whatever a dealer says and beleive it eh? never heard of the shop you refer to....nor have my east coast racer contacts.
i already know that you're not here to boast your knowledge...cause you don't have any.

my information is based on research, facts, experience and actual tests. yours are based on BS, heresay...and what you've quickly scanned (not even read).

you really have no clue...so STFU and just stay over in that forum rather than misinforming people of your BS and lack of know how...the biggest BS floating on this forum is posted by you!

Quick Reply: Recomended oil