CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Question- Will bike start with Guages unpluged??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question- Will bike start with Guages unpluged??

Hey everyone, Quick Question: Willa 54start or even power up the fuel pump with the Gauges/ instrument cluster unpluged?

Reason im seeking the answer: Im 95% complete with a 929 to 954 upgade and waiting for the 54 gauges to arrive to complete the project. After I did the motor swap and prior to changing the main harness/computer over to the 54's I conected everything to the 29's and the motor ran.... only it would only rev to 7.5k. So now after changing the remainder of the electrical/ including control switches I now turn the key on fully expecting the fuel pump to kick on and ....... Nothing! sould I be looking elsewhere for something?

Thanks in advance,

TMB

Old 04-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Banned
Default RE: Question- Will bike start with Guages unpluged??

To my knowledge, yes. The 929 will for sure.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:33 PM

My 954 would not start without the guages hooked up so no it will not

Old 04-12-2008, 12:57 PM

Hitman, will it turn over but no power to the fuel pump??? that is what mine is doing.....

Thanks

TMB

Old 04-12-2008, 04:39 PM

It will start without the gauges plugged in....But u do need to make sure the upper harness that plugs into the gauges is actually plugged into the main harness of the bike. That upperharness controls the fuel pump, headlights, bank angle sensor, and a few more important parts....So without that harness plugged in, NO it will not crank....Sorry maybe i thought to far on the question, LoL....=-)

Old 04-13-2008, 10:24 AM

Thks ReSpEcT I am waiting for the upper/sub harrness along with the gauges..... I guess ill just have to wait a bit longer....

T

Old 04-15-2008, 01:05 PM

yes it will fire up and run with no problems. you could drive it without having the front harness connected to the main one. i got my bike like that after the previous owner has crashed and shashed everything. he removed all of the smashed stuff and trew it away. i got the bike like that and drove it for 3000-3500 kilometers before all of my parts came. the only thing is you have to bypass the tip over sensor on the plugs of the main harness. i hear here on the forum that it cannot be done by short circuiting it but my bike was working like that - cannot remember which two plugs were short circuited. the only diff was that when you turn on the key the inj pump starts and does not stop after a while like it does now - it was running costantly from when you switch on the key.
i hope i have been of help and good luck - basicly the cluster or the harness is not your problem it could only be the TOS if you do not have it installed.

Best regards!

Old 04-15-2008, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: DarkNess

yes it will fire up and run with no problems. you could drive it without having the front harness connected to the main one. i got my bike like that after the previous owner has crashed and shashed everything. he removed all of the smashed stuff and trew it away. i got the bike like that and drove it for 3000-3500 kilometers before all of my parts came. the only thing is you have to bypass the tip over sensor on the plugs of the main harness. i hear here on the forum that it cannot be done by short circuiting it but my bike was working like that - cannot remember which two plugs were short circuited. the only diff was that when you turn on the key the inj pump starts and does not stop after a while like it does now - it was running costantly from when you switch on the key.
i hope i have been of help and good luck - basicly the cluster or the harness is not your problem it could only be the TOS if you do not have it installed.

Best regards!
MAD MAX style

Old 04-16-2008, 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: DarkNess

Best regards!
+1, just have to short the BAS, if not the pump will not run. I did it when trying to find a wiring problem and it worked for me.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:48 AM

Have you found out why your fuel pump is inop? I agree with darkness, check the tip over sensor. If it is there, or if it is upright?

Quick Reply: Question- Will bike start with Guages unpluged??