CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

No spark= Unhappy

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 11:37 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is where I am at as of now. Notice my fancy set up to put the bike back together until it is on it's wheels again (HOPEFULLY TOMORROW.)
Name:  IMG_4001_zps09326067.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  103.9 KB

I had to sand paint off of my freshly painted fork legs. Some re painting to do I guess.
Name:  IMG_4002_zpsd48310d1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  67.0 KB

Old 08-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It looks great so far! I'm not sure you'll need so much repainting after you get the clip-ons on there. Remember, you can use a flathead screw driver to wedge the opening a little bit bigger to get them to fit around the fork.

Its great to see you making progress!

Old 08-09-2014, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
It looks great so far! I'm not sure you'll need so much repainting after you get the clip-ons on there. Remember, you can use a flathead screw driver to wedge the opening a little bit bigger to get them to fit around the fork.

I was going to say the same thing about the screwdriver, unfortunately it becomes a two man job with paint or pc on the tubes. Buddy of mine was looking to PC his tubes but changed his mind just because of that reason.

Like your ingenuity setup though I'm not sure how your "supposed" to assemble this bikes from the ground up. Keep up the good work and the pictures!

Like the

Old 08-10-2014, 12:52 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014

Originally Posted by TooBroke0029
I was going to say the same thing about the screwdriver, unfortunately it becomes a two man job with paint or pc on the tubes. Buddy of mine was looking to PC his tubes but changed his mind just because of that reason.

Like your ingenuity setup though I'm not sure how your "supposed" to assemble this bikes from the ground up. Keep up the good work and the pictures!

Like the

Thanks guys

Here are some updated pictures
Name:  IMG_4004_zps32925c34.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  69.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4005_zpsd788b561.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  125.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4007_zps2e86cfc6.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  111.2 KB

IT'S ON THE GROUND. For the first time in a year.
Name:  IMG_4009_zpsc1afc25c.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  113.8 KB

Just a few more things to do before start up. Exhaust, coolant pipes, throttle bodies, air box, and fuel tank. Wish me luck.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:40 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014

I am hoping tonight or tomorrow I will be able to start her up. All I need to do is put on the fuel tank and do a few other odds and ends.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:13 AM
ROTM, Nov 2014

So I went to start the bike a couple nights ago and it cranked a few times and then the starter solenoid just started clicking. The battery is shot and I also believe the solenoid is fried also. So next Friday I will be ordering a new battery and solenoid and hopefully she will fire. I am also getting a r/r-stator wire repair kit since the connector is missing and they are hacked together. I guess this will give me time to do some other things that I need to get done. The calipers need put on and the brakes need bleed. The coolant system needs flushed and bleed. The under tail needs to be painted since I did a bunch of body work to it to smooth it out. I also have a few misc things that need to be done. When I receive the new parts they can go on and this thing will hopefully be done and on the road.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Originally Posted by msebastianCBR
So I went to start the bike a couple nights ago and it cranked a few times and then the starter solenoid just started clicking. The battery is shot and I also believe the solenoid is fried also. So next Friday I will be ordering a new battery and solenoid and hopefully she will fire. I am also getting a r/r-stator wire repair kit since the connector is missing and they are hacked together. I guess this will give me time to do some other things that I need to get done. The calipers need put on and the brakes need bleed. The coolant system needs flushed and bleed. The under tail needs to be painted since I did a bunch of body work to it to smooth it out. I also have a few misc things that need to be done. When I receive the new parts they can go on and this thing will hopefully be done and on the road.
Probably just the battery. You should try to hook a car battery to it so that you can see does it start. That way you can check the solenoid and if it cranked few times there isn't probably anything wrong with the solenoid.

Last edited by mika_u; 08-14-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:11 PM

I would agree. Considering how long the battery has sat in your garage, I would start with a new battery and go from there.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:09 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014

Originally Posted by mika_u
Probably just the battery. You should try to hook a car battery to it so that you can see does it start. That way you can check the solenoid and if it cranked few times there isn't probably anything wrong with the solenoid.
I would agree. Considering how long the battery has sat in your garage, I would start with a new battery and go from there.
You guys are most likely right about the solenoid. I think a new battery will probably solve my problem. The motor sounded like it was about to fire though before it all went dead. The gauge still lights up and the horn, blinkers, and headlight all work but it just wont crank over no more. I might see if my buddy will let me borrow his battery from his 600RR to see if it fires.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by msebastianCBR
You guys are most likely right about the solenoid. I think a new battery will probably solve my problem. The motor sounded like it was about to fire though before it all went dead. The gauge still lights up and the horn, blinkers, and headlight all work but it just wont crank over no more. I might see if my buddy will let me borrow his battery from his 600RR to see if it fires.
That would be a cheap way to test it!

Quick Reply: No spark= Unhappy