CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

new rotors maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rotors maybe?

well around 30mph ive noticed when i take my hands off, my bars will shake out of control and its kinda scary, i was messin around and it only does it at like 30mph or more
i had my bike sittin on my 12bar and spun the front wheel and u can hear the pads touchin the rotors, its not like stoppin but im thinkin maybe the rotors are bent and causin this?
some1 said i need a new front tire but i figured id check on here b4 i went buyin all kinds of ****
thanks in advance
-cory

Old 12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new rotors maybe?

well could be a few things.. did u crash or anything like that to get a bent rim or screw up your rotors? if not then maybe your tire is cupped.. check that stuff and update

Old 12-03-2006, 05:38 PM

well the rim is good, i mean i crash alot lol, but i just read the thing i posted in the tech section and they say its probably the head bearings, and i might as well throw a new tire on as well cuz just about every1 is sayin that also
thanks

Old 12-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned

ya sounds like tire.. head bearings could b.. does it move back and forth/slap when u brake hard

Old 12-03-2006, 09:12 PM

acctually ive noticed it do it once as i brake hard, i didnt even think the problem could b related lol
does that mean its the bearings?

Old 12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
NWA

The brakes always drag a bit, no worries. The shaking with letting go of the bars typically is a tire issue unless an accident could have caused it. I have seen even a brand new tire cause this too if it is new complain until you get it replaced. Otherwise budget a new set of tires for your ride and life will be fine.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

ya to check the head bearings.. sit on it and get it goin foward a little bit and jam on the brakes and if the stem connected to tripletree moves/slides back and forth taht's the bearings, things could be lose but most likely need to be replaced.. if u can do it yourself.. get the bearings, top and bottom, do it yourself and get a decent front tire off ebay

Old 12-03-2006, 10:32 PM

ok guys, i really appreciate all the help.
ill check the bearings 2morow, im hoping its just my tire, what makes new tires do this? ill try to stay away from whatever it is, the tire i have on is used but has alot of life left with tread, just maybe its tired of nose wheelies lol
thanks again!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Banned

if it's cupped it's from wheelies stoppies and stuff like that, or a misaligned/balanced tire

Old 12-07-2006, 10:19 PM

well i checked the bearings the way u said to, it didnt seem to move at all, so i guess im good there, my weights on the rim are there and im geussing they should still b balanced but either way it will fix it if i get a new tire put on there
any other options of what could cause this?
thanks again

Quick Reply: new rotors maybe?