CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 954RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/)
-   -   New to me 954! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/new-me-954-a-44753/)

Ironhead 07-16-2007 01:40 PM

New to me 954!

I have been lurking here for awhile now. Thought I should post. Used to race for contingency money when Honda brought the Hurricane. A few years of this and I hung it up. Wanted to get back into sportbike riding recreationally. It was either a new Repsol 1000RR or an 03' 954. Couldnt bring myself to sign on the dotted line for a new repsol. Found an 03' 954 that was babied from day 1 and in showroom condition. Bone stock! 2 months and 1,800 miles later..................I havent looked back! Love this machine! I have one question. Any feedback on a full High mount system from Leo Vince would be appreciated. Plan to mate this system up with a PCIII as well. This is what she looks like right now.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...t/954RR060.jpg

hall0404 07-16-2007 03:24 PM

RE: New to me 954!

lol i like ur signature
Code:

nice bike, the 954 wont dissapoint u

bobjoezx 07-16-2007 05:04 PM

nice bike.. leo is pretty expensive but quality exhuast... should gain some decent numebers with a BMC race filter and a tune after get the full exhuast...

txsmainevent 07-17-2007 02:25 PM

that 954 is tight! it looks babied! powdercoat that swing arm black and she will be done, a masterpiece! matter a fact on the ebay stores they sale leo vance exhaust and i know the slip on's are only like 250 so im sure u could get the full for under 1200. me personally i would invest in a 2 bros, arrow, or akro. but nice bike.

Ironhead 07-17-2007 05:46 PM

Thanks boys! Any input as to what full systems give the greatest gains would be a great help as well! Pimpn........Nice work on your build as well. It turned out great! Out here in the northwest. There are too many nice areas to go and redline with yourknees firmly attached to thepavement to invest in paintwork. .........unless I can just get a custom roadrash job done before I break in the frame/swingarm sliders............

Geezr 08-06-2007 08:59 AM

Before I would switch out the exhaust I would think of what I really like about the 954 so much. I have one and I like the power in the mid. I don't need any more on top. If you go with the full system, PC-3, Dino tune, high flo filter etc. you will see bigger H.P. and Tk. #'s. But I think you will loose your mid and make your gains on top. If that is what you are looking for then you are heading in the rite direction. My bike the same color asyours. Man they look GREAT don't they. [sm=shades.gif]

joey954rr 08-06-2007 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Geezr

Before I would switch out the exhaust I would think of what I really like about the 954 so much. I have one and I like the power in the mid. I don't need any more on top. If you go with the full system, PC-3, Dino tune, high flo filter etc. you will see bigger H.P. and Tk. #'s. But I think you will loose your mid and make your gains on top. If that is what you are looking for then you are heading in the rite direction. My bike the same color asyours. Man they look GREAT don't they. [sm=shades.gif]
well i think that if he does do all of this work and gains in th top he can add some teeth in the rear to bring it back to the mids....that is what i did,,,,

Ironhead 08-07-2007 12:44 PM

I agree with ya Geezr. Would hate to git rid of the midrange on the bike. Top end RPM's would be a handful to ride all the time..........fun, but a handful. Love the look of the hi-rise exhaust on the 954, but may just go with a slip on as well.

rmr1923 08-09-2007 02:21 PM

damn that's a nice looking bike. i love the 929/954 body styles, i've got an '01 929 myself. for exhaust, i'm not sure about the 954, but i've heard a lot of 929 guys say the D&D is way too loud, but i've heard good things about Leo Vince, Akropovic, and Two Brothers. i'll be putting one of them on my 929 pretty soon, just not sure which. and mating it up with a PCIII is certainly a good option. you'll get better gains by retuning with the PCIII after changing the exhaust.

Ironhead 08-09-2007 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just slapped on a Scorpion slip on last night. She sounds much better now. Much smoother at low RPM's as well.
I picked it up for next to nothing. Here is a pic of my work in progress. That Can is much prettier than the stock one.
Attachment 80900