CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

New to the game!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the game!!!!

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum & I also just bought a CBR 954RR....
I started out with a 01 Katana 750, then moved up to a 02 GSX-R 750,
Sold that bike & bought a 04 GSX-R 750, but that was robed last summer
I only had it for a month... Anyway, I'm back with this 954 & this summer
I plan on trying to wheelie it... I've brought my Katana up two times & my GSX-R
Ones...
So here is my question, I'm about 300 pounds, I'm 6'1, but I'm pretty aphletic for a big
Guy. I've always been into mountain biking & all sports, so I think I can handle my self.
I'm hoping there are other BIG guys out there doing wheelies, so you guys can give me some pointers on getting the bike up...

Old 06-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Default RE: New to the game!!!!

After having owned that many bikes, you should know how to bring the front up. Overpower the wheels, and the front comes up. Several ways to do it. First gear, close and open the throttle at 8-10K and hold it... very easy. Higher gears will require clutch use and weight shift. If you're gonna wheellie, you're gonna drop the bike so be prepared to f#*k the bike up. Get frame/bar sliders, and start saving up for new plastics, clutch, tires...

Old 06-04-2005, 02:20 AM

ORIGINAL: FLYS2K

After having owned that many bikes, you should know how to bring the front up. Overpower the wheels, and the front comes up. Several ways to do it. First gear, close and open the throttle at 8-10K and hold it... very easy. Higher gears will require clutch use and weight shift. If you're gonna wheellie, you're gonna drop the bike so be prepared to f#*k the bike up. Get frame/bar sliders, and start saving up for new plastics, clutch, tires...

That's the thing, I don't want to drop my bike. I know everything there is to know about wheelies, but I was thinking someone as big as me should not be doing wheelies..
After posting on Stuntlife.com I see there are a lot of big guys doing stunts...
Your right though, I should be able to bring any bike up at this point. I'm a good rider & I feel at home on a bike, so this is my summer & I just hope I don't drop my bike. My new 954 is nice & I want to keep it that way.... I guess it's the nature of the beast!!!!. Thanks for your reply....

Old 06-04-2005, 02:45 PM

If you're gonna do a lot of wheelies just re-gear the bike. Much easier on you and the bike!

Old 06-04-2005, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYS2K

If you're gonna do a lot of wheelies just re-gear the bike. Much easier on you and the bike!
Can you please give me more info on re-gearing.... Thanks

Old 06-04-2005, 11:43 PM

with me im bout 250 lbs ,all i hav to do is just sit fuether twards the back & up ahe will go

Old 06-06-2005, 06:04 PM

as to re-gearing...you might try going 2-up on the rear...or if you want more low-end punch...go 1-down (= almost 3up on the rear) on the front and 1-up on the rear.

RF

Old 06-06-2005, 08:50 PM

ORIGINAL: RumbleFish

as to re-gearing...you might try going 2-up on the rear...or if you want more low-end punch...go 1-down (= almost 3up on the rear) on the front and 1-up on the rear.

RF
Ok, I got you... It looks like you have done this to your bike, how much should I look to pay?

Old 06-11-2005, 08:29 PM

just before you do that wheelie, just think about this....... a few seconds of glory could be worth hundreds if not thousand of hard earned money just to put that bike together and even then it's just won't be the same, it's like a broken crystal, you might be able to piece it back together, but you know the crack is still there.
so do yourself a favor, leave your bike alone and head out to any parking lot, grab somebody else's bike, wheelie, if you thrash it, run like hell!!!! no, just kiddin!! but seriously, I've done some pretty amazing wheelie in my time, but I'm one of the lucky ones, I've seen the most experienced rider, pro even, thrash their ride, and that's all you need just one mistake, now ask yourself this question? is it worth it? not to mention the "road rash" and the embarassment if you happen to be showing off in front of those BABES! OUCH!!

Old 06-15-2005, 09:24 PM

hey man im about 275, i got a 02 954 , u should be able to pop it up by twisting the throttle swiftly. u just gotta get the feel of clutch wheelies.

Quick Reply: New to the game!!!!