CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 954RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/)
-   -   Need exhaust recomendation for my 954 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/need-exhaust-recomendation-my-954-a-618/)

BAD954 03-24-2005 10:45 PM

RE: Need exhaust recomendation for my 954

i have also been looking into exhaust. i like the akropovic. for a can its about the same price as the other guys. they also have a cool video of making there systems on there site. check it out

honda_stuntboy 03-30-2005 07:26 PM

I have a D&D Carbon Fiber Slip-on, sounds way cool and everyone knows when you're coming, but so do our little cop friends. If you ride legal great choice, if not stick with stock.

YellowRR 03-31-2005 10:54 AM

For most power there are only 2 choices:

Hindle and Arata.

Hindle is about $300-$400 cheaper than Arata, not the same build quality as Arata but it has where it counts---on the dyno.

YellRR

L8X 03-31-2005 08:45 PM

so what'd you get?

wheeliemonster 04-01-2005 02:55 AM

I have an 03 954 with a d&d slip on. As far as I know, D&D does not make a high mount exhaust. My pipe sound rediculous. If you like a loud, deep, throaty sound then youll love a D&D. My only complaint with D&D is it pops just a little bit and at times it can be alittle too loud, especially for those riding next to you. Dont look for any incresed hp. from a d&d slip on. I dont think you get any. They Sound awesome though. Hindles are excellent exhaust systems also. Not as loud but still sound great and give you hp too. good price too. If I ever get rid of my D&D i would go with hindle.

EASY954 04-01-2005 12:59 PM

To start with, new here so HI all!!
I just bought a full Arata system for my 954 in the standard mount (because hi-mount loses your rear pegs)
and it sounds AWESOME build quality is second to none and it gives a nice kick in the pants too! Will need mapping
though cause she leans out a little up top so im gettin that done this week but all in all I think Arata is the way to go:)

L8X 04-04-2005 09:29 PM

nice choice! [8D]

954rider 05-01-2005 07:39 AM

Hey all,
Been a while since I was on. Thanks for all the help. Just an update. Went with the Devil Carbon Fibre, highmount. Cant be more pumped about it! Looks and sounds great! Not as loud as I was expecting. Nice rumble at low RPM, then when you crack it open it screems! Simple to mount. Took maybe an hour MAX! Everything bolted right up no bending or forcing things to fit. For the price there is know doubt that the Devil is one of the best choices for the 954! Again Thanks!

reevesna 05-01-2005 11:40 AM

hey man nice choice on ur exhaust...COPY CAT;)...hahaha just messin...it is a great system tho huh...i've had mine on for nearly a yr and no problems...doesn't come loose or anything...except i did manage to lose the spring somewhere....still can't come apart tho...i recently helped my friend put the same one on his '04 zx10r and it bolts up a little different but still a very quality piece...enjoy it

Jsymetric 05-26-2005 06:51 PM

I'm torn between exhaust. I bought my bike with an Akrapovic slip on. I want to switch to a full system. I wouldn't mind staying with Akrapovic, for performance reasons, but they're so pricy, I'm considering Hindle, because I love the sound. I've heard mixed reviews on both, but I'm at a crossroads. Any ideas anyone ?