CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

My fuel pump quit buzzing wont cut on

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008 | 12:16 PM
Default RE: think its a injectoin problem?? help??

ok the relay was not the problem still nothing DAM[:@]this is frustrating im so close to say **** it and take it to the dealer and get raped i dont see what could have happed from just parking it and coming back out to the bike and it not start i ran fine then out of nowhere it wouldnt start

Old 09-08-2008 | 08:56 PM

Double check all connectors and use a volt meter to see if you're getting power to the fuel pump. If not, work backwards until you find the problem.

** EDIT: Make sure the bike does not have an alarm system with a kill circuit. **

Old 09-09-2008 | 03:11 PM

[hr] when i put a voltmeter to the cable that connects to the fuel pump cable i am getting power about 10.6 but should that be constant? or should it be for just 30 secs when i turn the key?

ok so i changed the relay out and it did not fix anything i did put about a quater of a bottle of techtron fuel system cleaner in it that week so maybe it is the fuel pump clogged or just broke guess my next option is to take that out and inspect that would soking it in seafoam and cleaning it with seafoam maybe fix it i thinkin maybe i might get lucky and pour some of that in the gas tank and hook it up to the battery and let it humm will it clean it?

also i noticed that when i turn the ignition on a the red light next to the nuetral light is coming on and staying on what would this be telling me?[/align]

Old 09-09-2008 | 08:28 PM

could this be my fuel pressure regulator if this went out would it cause the fuel pump not to turn on when i turn the ignition

Old 09-09-2008 | 08:49 PM

Holy fawk? Really? No, don't put seafoam in the tank. That is for sealing out a rusty tank.

If you believe that you have gunk in your tank, which I don't think you do, then pull the tank & the pump unit, clean eveything out with carb cleaner and re-install.

When you turn the key to "on" and the kill switch to "run", the pump will "buzz" as it builds up pressure. That could be why you have more voltage at first, but I think it should be a constant since you have a regulator and return line..

The red light will go away when the engine is running and you have oil pressure.

BTW, what is your location?

Old 09-09-2008 | 08:55 PM

well so this could be the pressure regulator if the pump isnt buzzing when i turn on the ignition and the kill switch to runs since i have power to the pump? i have used seafoam before it seems to work alot better than carb cleaner its almost like BG induction service cleaner wont hurt anything

Old 09-09-2008 | 08:59 PM

Bank Angle Sensor is a common problem, surprised noone even said that yet. Bad ground on the fuel pump, reground on the bike in another place or reground to the battery. Make your own ground if u have to...Damn man i can give u a million reasons it wouldnt prime, but i'd be writing a book if i did that.......Voltage Meter and test for voltage at the plug of the pump....Process of elimination...=-)

Old 09-09-2008 | 11:23 PM

Seems a little strange that the bank angle sensor would just quit, not saying it's not possible. But like myself and many others have said, he needs to go through the wiring, trace the system and check all connections.

Old 09-11-2008 | 04:38 PM

hey man, sorry i read through all this very quickly and might have missed a thing or two.

you need to short the error code connector thing(do you have a manual?) and get a true error code, even though the solid red light might be correct, which indicates a bad ecu, which is not the most likely problem, but possible.

If you wired the pump straight to the battery and it worked then your pump is fine/at least working/not the problem.

double check every single fuse in the bike, pull them out completely and inspect them visually, even the 30amp one

I dont believe the a bad pressure regulator will do this, it will just make your bike run like hell if its bad.

Old 09-11-2008 | 04:40 PM

also if you suspect the BAS then just take it off and connect the two outside wires on the connector, that will bypass the BAS.

Quick Reply: My fuel pump quit buzzing wont cut on