CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

MORE SPEED!! what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MORE SPEED!! what should i do?

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Now granted i dont know bikes as well as cars so i have to ask, cant the stock ecm be flashed, or retuned? I assume dealers can do it, so couldent someone else buy the needed equipment, then you wouldnt need the pc3.
Yes, its possible, if they will do it or not i dont know. I would doubt it since a Pc3 is so cheap and basically easier and better.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:57 AM

Just get a turbo

Old 06-18-2008, 09:18 PM

my mechanic went into the ecu and changed the amount of gas flow or sumthing,he said itdoes the same thing as a pc3 without paying $300 or so. maybe not as detailed or sumthing. i dont know. i do have a full hindle exhaust and i thought about getting a motor built but really cant throw that much cash into it rite now. tryin to save 4 a good ole vacation to jamaica. turbo does add a lot of power, but from what i heard its easy to blow a bike motor up with one. dont know if i want to take that chance.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Now granted i dont know bikes as well as cars so i have to ask, cant the stock ecm be flashed, or retuned? I assume dealers can do it, so couldent someone else buy the needed equipment, then you wouldnt need the pc3.
Some can, some can't (depends on the micro and how accessible it is). I'm not sure on the specifics of the 954 (or Hondas in general), but I don't think they would give that kind of flexibility to the dealers to do a custom tune. If you could reflash, the dealer would probably only be able to use a specific program rather than a truley custom tune.

I've never heard of a program to help you tune the ECM, so I wouldn't even know where you'd start...

Old 06-18-2008, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: NastyNINA54

my mechanic went into the ecu and changed the amount of gas flow or sumthing,he said itdoes the same thing as a pc3 without paying $300 or so. maybe not as detailed or sumthing. i dont know. i do have a full hindle exhaust and i thought about getting a motor built but really cant throw that much cash into it rite now. tryin to save 4 a good ole vacation to jamaica. turbo does add a lot of power, but from what i heard its easy to blow a bike motor up with one. dont know if i want to take that chance.
There's the answer on the ECM... Sounds like you just need the right software/cables.

As far as a turbo, we already have a pretty high compression ratio. I would think you'd need to run race gas and/or run it at very little boost to have the motor last more than 5k miles...

Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 PM

Heres the deal with the PC3 vs. tuning the ECM.

Would you rather use a hammer to drive a nail through some wood or your forehead?

Bottom line, pick up a PC3 for a buck fifty and a custom tune for maybe $300, or blah blah with the ECM and get half as good a tune if your lucky and risk frying a $125 part for some ****ty performance gains.

up to you.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hcstreetriding

Heres the deal with the PC3 vs. tuning the ECM.

Would you rather use a hammer to drive a nail through some wood or your forehead?

Bottom line, pick up a PC3 for a buck fifty and a custom tune for maybe $300, or blah blah with the ECM and get half as good a tune if your lucky and risk frying a $125 part for some ****ty performance gains.

up to you.
hahah... TRUTH!!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 10:02 PM

i must've missed sumthing. since when was a pc3 only $150? every place i check is around $300 just for the pc3. if its only 150 i'll go ahead and get it.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 PM

look on ebay, i see them between 100-200 all the time

Old 06-19-2008, 02:30 PM

oh ok. new or used? a guy i rode with one time said he ordered one from a website and they sent him a used one, and had to go through a bunch of **** to get his money back. if they're new i'm gonna have to try one out

Quick Reply: MORE SPEED!! what should i do?