CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

In love despite the pain....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In love despite the pain....

I recently posted about a new to us 954. It was originally purchased with my son in mind (20 yrs. old). Although we both ride it, it would not have been my 1ST choice. Turns out that the "old man" can ride it ok - minor comfort issues. My son, in much better phyiscal condition than myself, cannot manage to make it more than 10 miles without severe leg cramps. He lifts weights regularly and stretches to minimize being tight. Any ideas towards "curing" this problem will be much appreciated as he obviously is already very attached to our new machine despite the pain.

P.S. He experiences the same affliction to some degree on a XR650. Although far less pain with more mileage.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: In love despite the pain....

Hey rightous old dude... You rock !!!!!!!!! I think the cure, is a coffee can w/ a slot in the top, for your son's "new bike fund". Write his name on it, and encourage him to contribute often, 'cause... YOU'VE ALREADY GOT A FAST *** BIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
At 49, I still love clip ons !!!!!!!!!!!
Somberly, (no smirk'n) Tell him, he would look " nice" on a cruiser !!!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-12-2006, 05:06 AM
Retired Moderator

[color=#000099]Does he have the same leg cramps on other sport bikes or just the 954? I haven't noticed much of a difference in the leg position on 954 vs. other sport bikes that would cause "severe" discomfort. Is he comfortable on any bike? Maybe something's causing clots or something that may need to be checked out. Maybe adjusting rearsets to move foot position might help [sm=smiley25.gif]

Old 08-12-2006, 01:54 PM
VP

Personally I'm 6'8 and I thought the gixxer was way too uncomfortable for more than 20 minutes worth of riding... I've found cbr to be the best fit for leg position, but the seat sucks big time! I stand up full stretch once every 30 minutes or so... you'll get used to the position I think after a while anyway

Old 08-12-2006, 04:54 PM

6'8"??????? I will never complain about my 6'4" again !!!!!!!!! What do you wiegh?? Personaly, I find a large back area, can adjust air flow well... Depending on arching, I can feel my back become "one", w/ the flow. I'l bet get'n gear, is "fun.Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-12-2006, 05:00 PM

6'8"??????? I will never complain about my 6'4" again !!!!!!!!! What do you wiegh?? Personaly, I find a large back area, can adjust air flow well... Depending on arching, I can feel my back become "one", w/ the flow. I'l bet get'n gear, is "fun.
Sorry for the "jack", about your son... does he stretch, before ride'n. I'll bet it helps, esp., his quads. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-12-2006, 10:22 PM
VP

I weigh 250 on the dot... and I'm never sore after riding anywhere but on my ***.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:52 PM

44 and 225lbs, my *** gets it good [:'(] these bikes are sweet but they are no lazy boys on wheels

Old 08-13-2006, 02:08 PM

Sorry for the "jack", about your son... does he stretch, before ride'n. I'll bet it helps, esp., his quads. Clean and free, Ripp'n
No problem Ripp'n - Some stretching before riding may help. I'll suggest that. Thanks for all the replies, hope we find a solution soon or it will be "goodbye 954" - "Hello cruiser"........... Not ! Possibly a 919 or Blackbird.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:23 PM

A little more background please with your situation. Im a disabled vet 5'5" 190 lbs with upper and lower back injuries, knees, ankles, and feet problems due to service connected injuries I received in the Army. I ride 70 miles a day back and forth to work plus leisure riding on the weekends. I like the stock seat and the riding position the 954 offers. I might have missed it, if I have I apologize but height, weight for both of you would be preferrential to fairly identify the issue. All the information you can provide would help.

Quick Reply: In love despite the pain....